Rehab First is one of Ontario`s largest multidisciplinary assessment and treatment organizations, numbering approximately 100 professional staff who are supported by the Psychologists and Physicians of our MEDNet® roster. Our values of sincerity, commitment and self-improvement inspire us to restore hope and function to clients whose lives have been affected by serious injury and illness. Our disciplines include Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Speech-Language Pathology, Counselling, Professional Case Management, Rehabilitation Therapy, Life Care Planning and Future Care Cost Reporting.
We are currently seeking an experienced full time Social Worker for the London and surrounding areas.
- Psycho-social Assessments
- Selective assignment of Case Management responsibilities
- Development of OCF-18 plans under Ontario’s Statutory Accident Benefit regulations
- Provision of counselling services in a variety of settings (e.g. in person, via telephone, cyber counselling)
- Extensive documentation and report writing
- Ongoing collaboration with other medical and rehabilitation professionals
- Opportunity to work with adults and children
- Individual, couple and family counselling
- Career and vocational counselling and assessments
- Master’s degree (MSW); consideration given to BSW
- Current registration in good standing with the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience in a health care setting , and ideally in the community
- Clinical experience with head trauma and brain injury considered an asset
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. Health Care Consent Act, Mental Health Act, etc.)
- Superior communication, problem-solving, time management, and documentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as member of a multidisciplinary team
- Self-motivated and demonstrated ability to manage a busy and varied caseload
- Completion of a satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check
Rehab First offers
- Opportunity to work from home or an office (laptop and phone provided)
- Flexible schedule
- Experienced, personable and accessible management for ongoing support and mentorship
- Administrative support
- Opportunities for career and clinical skill advancement (e.g. management positions, case management, professional development etc.)
- Diverse caseload with a mix of assessment and treatment
All applicants must also have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle and be willing to travel.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent