Job title :
CARIBOO MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Cariboo Memorial Hospital in Williams Lake, BC is looking for Casual Cleaners to join their team! If you have Grade 10, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience....Apply today!
**Please Note** the successful candidate must be reasonably available to work all days of the week and all shift times (including nights and weekends).
Hours of work:
Rotating Days, Evening, Nights from 05:00 to 13:00, 06:30 to 14:30, 10:00 to 18:00, 15:00 to 23:00, 17:00 to 23:00, 22:30 to 06:30, and 18:00 to 02:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
As a team player you will perform a variety of duties within a Housekeeping Operation such as:
- Maintaining clean and sanitary conditions in areas such as patient rooms, washrooms, corridors, hallways, and common areas;
- Cleans areas including floors, stairways, walls, windows and ceilings by sweeping, vacuuming, dust mopping, spot washing and wet washing;
- Cleans and disinfects washrooms;
- Strips and makes beds;
- Picks up soiled laundry and linens;
- Cleans Nursing area and isolation rooms including washing of furniture;
- Cleans upholstered furniture and carpets by vacuuming, shampooing, and brushing.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Set in the heart of the Frontier, amid lakes and rolling ranch land, Williams Lake has been the focal point and service centre for the ranches of the Cariboo and Chilcotin regions since the turn of the century. Williams Lake persevered to become the modern commercial centre and transportation hub of the historically famous Cariboo. The town retains that magical 'western frontier character' in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. Its central location, at the junction of Highway 97 to the north and the Bella Coola Highway (Hwy 20), makes it an excellent place from which to foray into the surrounding regions.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 10,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.