Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population with this unit. As a Registered Nurse, you will practice according to the current standards of practice of the College of Nurses of Ontario, the Standards of Nursing Practice, policies and procedures of Scarborough Health Network. You will also provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing of Scarborough Health Network. You may be scheduled at General or Birchmount campus based on departmental needs.
Company Vacancy/Request for Transfer:
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current BCLS
- Current NRP Certification
- Current STABLE certification
- Recognized Breastfeeding course
- Experience working in Neo-natal Intensive Care Level II or completed course required including mechanically ventilated infant and/or successful completion of a Certificate in Neonatology
- Interest in patient teaching and working in an environment of theory base practice and family-centred care
- Previous care experience with infants requiring mechanical ventilation
- Committed to complete all Departmental Added Nursing Competency certification within 3 months of hire
- Expectation to work in any area of Maternal/Newborn and Childcare PSG as required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Utilize protective equipment provided and identify and reports hazards
- Engages in ethical conduct and strives to understand and appreciate the diversity of our patient/staff population and community
- Excellent work performance and attendance
- Certification in blood collection and IV’s
- Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers