Welcome to ivari!
Let us introduce ourselves. With about 500 employees across Canada, we’re a company that’s making a difference in the world of life insurance. How? By finding and hiring people who are equally passionate about life and protecting it, then giving them the best, most supportive workplace possible. We must be doing something right because we’re growing quickly and need more great people to grow along with us. Is that you?
Here’s the job opportunity…
We are seeking an Assistant Vice President (AVP), Investments to join our dynamic ivari team based in Toronto. This role will report to the EVP and Chief Financial Officer and will lead a team of 3 to 4 individuals. The successful candidate will lead the identification, review, planning and execution of a variety of tasks and projects aimed at improving the management of ivari’s investment portfolios. These would involve investment, risk management, accounting and actuarial concepts delivering substantive reports and studies that will assist senior management in their decision-making process on a wide variety of investment portfolios.
- Produce the quarterly Asset-Liability Management dashboard (ALM indicators, cash positions, equity limits), using inputs from Corporate Actuarial and Finance
- Lead the quarterly asset re-balancing process
- Evaluate and coordinate the execution of investment opportunities to optimize the risk-return profile of portfolios, working in collaboration with the Chief Investment Officer, the accounting function and the external asset management firm
- Forecast the company’s liquidity needs and execute the necessary asset transactions to meet ongoing cash demands
- Build and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of all variable and guaranteed investment funds offered by the company, focusing on Universal Life investment options (both guaranteed and non-guaranteed) and provide senior management with periodic analysis and reports
- Act as the key contact point between Product Management, external fund companies and Pricing as it pertains to investment strategies for the Retail book of business
- Provide expert knowledge to the Product Management area on initiatives such as, expanding/rationalizing the product offering
- Monitor credited returns, fund compliance, and investment expenses of variable and guaranteed funds
- Responsible for running the Fund Management Review Committee
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Investments, Mathematics or a related field
- 10+ years of related finance or investment products experience
- Proficient mathematical skills and working knowledge of modeling and valuation of fixed income instruments and/or derivatives
- Familiarity with interest rate risk management and equity hedging
- Strong Excel skills, familiarity with VBA would be an asset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and negotiate
- Able to build excellent working relationships with all levels and department within the organization
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to deliver on competing demands
- Current industry knowledge, always staying updated on trends and best practices
Who you are…
You are a team player who not only understands our core values but lives them every day. You know the importance of…
- Bringing clarity and focus to your work
- Taking ownership and doing what you say you will
- Remaining flexible
- Collaborating with others
We are an Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) compliant workplace. You can be confident that our recruitment and hiring processes will be modified to accommodate disabilities, if requested.
To apply, please email your resume to: