POSITION OVERVIEW: Since 2015, FARM has been providing safe access to cannabis in a discreet and professional environment remaining client focused and service minded in a high volume retail setting. Budtenders at FARM interface with customers seeking information on the range of available cannabis products and are essential for the front of house (FOH) customer service team. Budtenders strive to exceed FARM’s quality and efficiency standards. Individuals in this position are public educators and actively participate in FARM’s Cannabis Education to ensure customers receive the best service in the industry.
- Budtenders report to the FOH Manager.
- Ensuring proper execution of FARM’s standard operating procedures is met.
- Maintaining knowledge of each product within the complete range of new and current products available for purchase in store.
- Ensuring all patrons and customers entering FARM are greeted in a professional manner encouraging the feelings of belonging and welcome.
- Politely requesting for 2 pieces of ID upon entry for anyone who appears to be under 40 ensuring that all patrons on the premise are above the age of 19.
- Educating our customers so they feel comfortable with FARM’s range of products and become able to identify products right for them on their own.
- Managing customer care collaboratively with team members while maintaining customer confidentiality and developing supportive customer relationships.
- Team members must not give advice or prescribe and limit their comments to personal experience where empirical evidence is not available.
- Maintaining the highest level of customer service regardless of volume and customer temperament.
- Point of sale (POS), and database management.
- Responsible for managing cash floats, cash drops, and change throughout the day.
- Collaboratively working with Inventory Team to ensure par levels, loss prevention, and professional merchandising.
- Defusing difficult situations and handling difficult customers with many issues, challenges, or barriers.
- Addressing the behavioral issues of patrons in a diplomatic manner focused on de-escalating tensions and diffusing hostility while maintaining a demeanor that is customer service oriented and reflects well on FARM.
- Patron violations of our “safe and compliant atmosphere” must be recorded with incident reports in a professional and timely manner.
- Strong understanding of the operations across all departments necessary for
efficient customer service.
- Phone correspondence with new and existing customers.
- Strong understanding of the regulatory environment and what FARM and customers must comply with.
- Strong understanding of FARM’s Team Handbook.
- Strong understanding of FARM’s Personal Information Protection Policy.
- Ensuring that the front of house is maintained to be organized and clean.
- Other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of POS systems
- Strong communication skills, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Works well in high volume, high level of care, retail environment
- Able to work as a member of a team
- Strong cannabis knowledge and passion required
- BC Cannabis Worker Qualification required
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Full time hourly position offering up to 40 hours per week
- Must be willing to sign FARM’s terms of employment contract
- Must be able to work a variety of night/weekend shifts when required
- Reports to: FOH Manager
- Direct Reports: No
- FARM adheres to BC Employment Standards law for hiring and termination
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)
- cannabis retailer qualification (Required)