Support the Transportation & Environment and Saint John Water Service to foster the positive relationships between the City, our employees, the citizens, and other organizations through the provision of effective and efficient administration and front line communication.
Under the direction of the Administrative Officer, ensure all visitors and inquiries to the City of Saint John are responded to positively, professionally and effectively by serving as the front line of communication point for the Transportation & Environment and Saint John Water.
Support and enable members of the Transportation & Environment and Saint John Water service in operating at optimal levels by providing administrative services such as but not limited to:
- Ensuring resources are available by determining requirements and working with the other service areas and vendors to secure required supplies and services;
- Assist colleagues as needed providing administrative support and expertise;
- Ensure all office equipment is operational by performing regular maintenance checks and maintaining a working knowledge of the equipment in order to troubleshoot basic problems;
- Maintains vacation calendars ensuring schedules are kept current and coordinated;
- Maintains records, files and data bases and ensure information is up to date and accessible at all times.
- Strong aptitude for computer software including Microsoft Office suite of products, etc.
- Excellent customer orientation, collaborating with members of Transportation & Environment and Saint John Water and other City of Saint John staff to ensure service requirements are met.
- Ability to multi-task to ensure all work assignments are completed in a timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail in order to effectively maintain and build reports, data bases, and manuals.