Who We Are:
When you hear a professional athlete live during a broadcast, chances are that they are wearing a tiny, flexible microphone transmitter manufactured by Q5X. Because we are the smallest and only flexible transmitter, teams / leagues feel safe having players wear our devices to enhance the audiences’ viewing experience. Listen to actual Q5X uses in “mic’d up” segments of:
- NBA (LeBron James) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJu4JggTYok
- NHL (various) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvvfWe1kVXA
A few of our key, long-standing clients are the NBA, NHL, MLB and NFL. Beyond sports, the modular technology can be fitted into a variety of unique applications like the tap shoes at Radio City Music Hall.
- Rockettes (12 days of Christmas) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKM7W84-cGU
Our small, but diverse team is comprised of engineers and designers that excel at the innovation required by our clients. The skills of the team and fast paced environment offer the ability to grow daily.
The ideal candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of electronic fundamentals and circuit theory and be able to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced production and development environment. Skills can be taught, aptitude and attitude cannot, so as a team, we look for people with a good attitude, fun and with a good sense of humor to fit in with our growing family. Primary responsibilities and accountability include production testing of completed assemblies, troubleshooting, and re-work/repair of production defects and customers units damaged in the field. Other responsibilities will include supporting engineering as we have few internal barriers and a high level of team spirit. An eagerness to learn and undertake new projects is an asset. As we take on ever-larger projects, the battle cry of our growing team is often, “All hands-on deck!”
Skills, Abilities & Qualifications
- An Electronics Technician qualification or equivalent; with a minimum 4 years recent, related experience in a similar industry. This job is not suitable for recent graduates.
- High reliability soldering skills are a must! Certifications in this area are desired but not essential.
- Experience in product testing utilizing spectrum analyzers, oscilloscope and NI data logging computers
- Circuit diagrams are what you read for relaxation
- Ability to effect repairs at the board level using fundamental trouble shooting skills
- Good manual dexterity, and strong mechanical aptitude as we do make the worlds smallest transmitters
- Problem solving and idea generation skills, we have implemented ideas from every team member
- Outstanding communication skills with demonstrated ability to problem-solve as part of a team
- The job is not finished until the paperwork is done, timely and accurate documentation is essential.
The successful candidate must be flexible enough to work in a fluid and dynamic environment that includes a variety of skill levels and personalities. The candidate will participate in a comprehensive team, designing, developing and manufacturing the world’s smallest and most rugged wireless microphone solutions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other legally protected factors. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know through your application email and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $30,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Electronic Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- London, ON (Required)
- English (Required)