**ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECEIVED @ www.niagararegion.ca to job posting # 21505. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IN PERSON**
Temporary Duration: 12 months
Perform general building and property maintenance. Maintain HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), electrical, plumbing and mechanical systems and equipment. Coordinate the day to day operation of the maintenance department under the direction of the Building Services Manager and/or Administrator or designate.
- Grade 12 or equivalent and a Community College diploma in Building Environmental Systems (BES) Operator Class I & II.
- Recognized training or education in one of the electrical, mechanical and plumbing trades is required and carpentry would be an asset.
- Minimum of 1 year current related experience in building maintenance preferably in a long term care geriatric setting.
- Be familiar with relevant codes, e.g., building code, fire code, electrical code, etc.
- Additional job related courses preferred.
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Must have working knowledge of relevant computer systems.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with service contractors, trades people, staff, residents and families.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted class
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page. Job Opening# 21505
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today!
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than December 20, 2018 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca.
WE ONLY ACCEPT ONLINE APPLICATIONS (DO NOT APPLY IN-PERSON)
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.18 /hour