Line Worker - Petrolia, Ontario
High Park Company is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Tilray, a global leader in cannabis cultivation, processing, and distribution. Tilray serves patients in Canada and around the world with a diverse range of pharmaceutical-grade medical cannabis products as High Park Company focuses on creating distinctive products for adult Canadian consumers.
About High Park Company
High Park Company was established to develop, sell, and distribute inspiring and iconic adult-use cannabis brands.
Tilray is a global pioneer in cannabis research, cultivation, processing and distribution currently serving tens of thousands of patients in ten countries spanning five continents.
We are looking for flexible, dedicated, and motivated people who want to be a part of a team that is passionate about our products and the success and growth of our business.
As a member of the Enniskillen High Park facility, located in Petrolia Ontario, reporting to the Supervisor, the Technician will be responsible for successfully learning the Downstream and Upstream Production/Manufacturing Program and ensuring the safe and effective cleaning of High Park equipment and work locations.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effective execution of Production, Manufacturing and Facilities tasks within established company policy, procedure and requirements (Safety, Quality, Compliance, and Performance)
- Supporting the growing, harvesting, drying, curing, milling, loading, sorting, transport and take down processes
- Identify and communicate plant health issues
- Identify and communicate issues related to the tools and equipment used to complete daily tasksTake and follow direction from the Lead and Supervisor to prepare for events before and after each major activity
- Safely and effectively set-up, operate, take-down and sanitize all equipment
- Work at a level of performance identifiable with world class organizations with the goal of continuous process improvement every day
- Daily housekeeping tasks including cleaning and sanitizing the facility and general site upkeep
- Work with and understand a number of cleaning chemicals, ensuring the right products are being used for the right jobs
- Restock materials and supplies as needed throughout site as required
- Ensure compliance with WHMIS, good manufacturing practices, good documentation practices and any other applicable legislation
- Complete logbooks as necessary
- Complete required training, including any required health and safety training
- Participate in meetings, group tasks, projects and improvement initiatives as required
- Any other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- A positive outlook, willingness to learn and contribute to company success
- Ability to take direction and follow all company policies/procedures
- Ability to comprehend and communicate detailed instructions orally and in writing
- Strong communication, problem solving and attention to detail skills
- Ability to deal with others tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Capable of multi-tasking with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a results oriented, challenging environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Dependable and punctual
- Positive contributor and personal commitment and responsibility
ASSETS for your application:
- Grade 12 diploma
- Horticulture experience
- Experience in a regulated and highly compliant environment (ie. food industry, pharmaceutical)
- Basic computer skills considered
- First Aid skills and/or certificates
- Prior experience or education in Health and Safety
- Prior custodial/janitorial experience
- Ability to schedule and prioritize work
High Park welcomes applications from all qualified individuals and is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Please note that High Park does not authorize, engage, or sponsor any consultants, agencies or organizations that seek certain personal or financial information from you (e.g. passwords, login ids, credit card information). High Park does not charge any application, processing or onboarding fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process.
When replying to emails, please ensure the sender name and email address match exactly. Please also ensure the Reply-To address matches the sending address exactly.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract