Come Join Our Team As a Project Manager!
Established in 1991, Saskarc Industries is an industry-leading custom metal fabricator, project management and equipment sales/rental company. We serve the oil and gas, power generation, mining, construction, government and petrochemical industries across North America.
The Project Manager is accountable for leading and delivering multiple projects of varying degrees of complexity and scale, from the Proposed Design and Bidding Stage through fabrication to on-site construction and effectively balancing the competing demands of quality, scope, time, and cost; ensuring projects are delivered on time and on budget. This position has the option to be located in either the Regina or Oxbow facility.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Saskarc’s values, an incident free vision, culture, and corporate strategies;
- Follow department procedure for project planning and facilitate ongoing communication with all stakeholders to minimize safety stressors that are associated with reactive project execution behavior;
- Prepares bid packages/proposals by engaging subject matter experts (SMEs) in engineering, designers/detailers, estimators, production, quality control, procurement and construction in providing the necessary information to build a competitive bid;
- Participates in pre-award contract negotiations and bid reviews;
- Exercises due diligence when reviewing client contracts and specifications;
- Integrates all the processes and functions involved in the project, including planning, engineering, design, fabrication, construction, and other technical functions. Coordinates actions and decisions with these elements, resolving conflicts and settling issues arising by dealing with personnel responsible for their respective phase of the project;
- Set-up and maintain project management files in accordance with departmental standards;
- Reviews specifications and drawings to ensure understanding of what is required within the contract and from the client, engaging Engineering and Production in the sequencing and work break down structure (WBS) of the project in the initial phase of preparing the plan, to ensure “constructability” in the shop and field;
- Hold project kick-off meetings as required to ensure that all Saskarc departments and/or subcontractors are aware of project requirements and have input to the successful execution of a project;
- Conduct project communication meetings, presentations and complete the associated documentation;
- Provide oversight on day-to-day project delivery activities, assuring compliance with applicable statutory and contractual requirements;
- Perform project risk identification and management in all phases of the project. This risk identification and management shall include, but not be limited to safety, schedule and budget;
- Ensure customer acceptance of contract values, budget values and change values are in place to facilitate timely billing of all costs;
- Compile data, manage, maintain, and approve project and vendor invoicing on a timely basis;
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the environment of steel fabrication and/or construction, with minimum of 5 years of experience as a mid-level or higher project manager, managing complex projects;
- Demonstrable record of project management on a major high value construction projects within the expected scope, quality, schedule, and budget. Experience must span the full cycle of a project;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in engineering, project management, business administration or a related field
- PMP designation will be considered an asset;
- Knowledge of drafting software (i.e. Tekla, AutoCAD Solidworks or other equivalent systems);
- Knowledge in structural steel fabrication, connections and erection practices;
- Knowledge of construction methods, contingency planning; value added techniques;
- Knowledge of relevant Environmental & Health and Safety Legislation;
- Knowledge of welding and manufacturing codes and standards is an asset (CSA W59, CSA W47.1, ASME, API, AWS);
- Ability to read and interpret general arrangements and fabrication drawings;
- A team player, who can interrelate and operate effectively with peers and other associates within a collegial, yet demanding, work environment;
- Ability to handle a variety of constituencies, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Project);
- Highly Developed:
- Organizational skills and the ability to be flexible in managing changing priorities;
- Leadership Skills;
- Communication Skills – Both Written and Oral;
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Decision Making;
- Interpersonal Skills;
- Negotiation Skills;
- Commercial Knowledge; ability to read/review contracts, understand financials.
- Standard working conditions for an office/shop environment;
- Travel is required from time to time. Average is once per month.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with salary expectations & cite the job title “Project Manager” on the subject line via e-mail.
No telephone calls please, we appreciate the interest of all applicants; nonetheless, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Saskarc Industries Inc. provides equal opportunity in employment and encourages applications from all qualified persons.
Job Type: Full-time
- Project Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)