Building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people.
Join our team and together we will make progress on our Strategic Goals:
Forge a new path to meet the changing needs of our growing communities
Champion a culture of exemplary care and deliver clinical excellence
Create an environment where the best experiences happen
Own our role to improve the system
Through new partnerships, a relentless focus on quality and sustainability, and a dedication to the best patient and provider experience, Southlake will improve the health of our communities and shape the future of healthcare.
Clerical Support is a member of the team who works with the support of, and in collaboration with, all health care providers within the Department. The Program Clerical Support is responsible for reception, patient scheduling, word processing, and clerical functions, reporting to the Department Manager. He/she role models the organizational core competencies.
Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated keyboarding skills – 50 words per minute
- Minimum one (1) year of clerical duties in an acute care health care environment required
- Proven ability to attend work regularly
- Demonstrated current knowledge and skill in the use of medical electronic health record systems
- Current experience in computerized provider/physician order entry (CPOE) an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office preferred
- Demonstrated ability in problem solving
- Demonstrated willingness to learn/innovate
- Commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Demonstrates analytical skills in relation to knowledge of hospital operations
- Effective organizational and prioritizing skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Minimum Grade 12
- Medical Terminology Certificate required
- Diploma in Medical Office Administration OR evidence of relevant and related post-secondary diploma from an accredited academic institution preferred
As a condition of employment, you are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination to the Hospital’s Occupational Health and Safety department. Successful candidates will be required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination (two doses) from the Ontario Ministry of Health website or other authorized source directly to the Occupational Health and Safety department. In the event that you are unable to be vaccinated as a result of a ground protected under the Human Rights Code, you may submit a written explanation of the ground and any supporting documentation to determine if you are exempt from this requirement to the recruitment team. A recruitment representative may follow up with you for further information if necessary.
At Southlake, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the community in which we live and serve, including those with disabilities. Southlake is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the hiring process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
It is the responsibility of all Southlake employees to work in a safe manner and promote health and safety in the workplace.
Works under the direction of nursing staff and physicians to coordinate patient appointments and perform clerical duties. Health Program Clerical Supports also act as receptionists and communicate with patients on the phone and in person.