Since opening in 1984, Van-Whole Produce has remained the leading experts in produce trading by providing high-quality and fresh produce to its clients. With our continuous expansion of client networks, we now provide fresh produce to more than 1,300 produce markets across Canada. To this day, we are still committed to provide personalized attention, value-added service, and provide the highest quality in produce to our clients. We place our customers first by bringing over 400 varieties of fresh produce from over 40 different countries.
We're looking for the best and brightest to take our Operations department to the next level. If you have passion and expertise in shipping and receiving, forklift operation, or order picking and packing, Van-Whole is the company for you.
- Monday to Saturday, 40 hours per week
Role and Responsibilities
- Lifting, carrying, and loading large boxes of fruits and vegetables
- Order picking items off racks accurately and efficiently
- Loading & unloading products in trucks, trailers, and containers
- Operating machines (electric pallet jacks, forklifts, etc.) according to in-house regulations
- Understanding the different levels of product quality and conducting quality checks upon receiving/packing
- Maintaining cleanliness of the warehouse
- Review quality of produce by completing random checks
- Complying with all company policies, warehouse rules, and food safety regulations
- May be required to move into different departments for warehouse support
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Must meet the medical and physical fitness requirement specified in CSA Standard.
- Secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in a warehouse preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work well in a team dynamic or independently.
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal communications.
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Cooler, Physical Demanding (Lift up to 50 lbs.) and Fast-paced
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place