Intermediate Software Developer
VARIETY. CHALLENGE. OPPORTUNITY.
No industry can offer the diversity of work nor the opportunities to challenge yourself quite like the weighing industry. Precision Scale is one of the leading scale companies in Western Canada. We provide the products and knowledge to ensure our customers can weigh anything from a feather to a vessel exceeding 1,000,000 lbs. Our experienced and committed staff have brought our clients innovative and cost-effective solutions, plus top-quality service, since 1963. We offer a phenomenal work culture, with a team driven mind-set, ethical and fair management, leading edge equipment with a focus on innovation, plus competitive compensation plans and perks.
Precision Scale is currently seeking to fill the position of Intermediate Software Developer for our Edmonton location. As a software developer for Precision Scale you will be developing custom software programs for scale indicators and applications for the weighing industry. Some examples of the types of software we develop are: running fully unattended vehicle scales, automating a weighing process in a factory, or integrating a scale to communicate with a customer’s ERP system. You will be required to execute software projects from start to finish including initial scoping, writing of control narratives, development, testing, deployment, user documentation, and end user support. The position will be based out of our Edmonton office but will require travel for client meetings and for on-site installation and support (< 10%). The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, self-starter with exceptional organizational skills.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- BSc. Computer Science or BSc. Computer Engineering preferred. Applicants with different education will be considered with sufficient experience.
- C# and .NET Framework. Windows CE 6.5 and WinForms would be an asset.
- Visual Studio and Git source control
- SQL Databases
- Experience developing software that communicates via serial and TCP/IP based communication protocols.
- Ability to independently learn new scripting languages
- Strong troubleshooting skills for both hardware and software faults
- Ability to work independently in the field as required
- Technical writing
- Class 5 driver’s license with a clean driving abstract
- Reliable and professional
- Strong computer literacy with MS Office applications
- Must be detail oriented, have strong written and verbal communication skills and the desire to continuously learn with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth outside of work
- A competitive salary
- Generous and comprehensive Health and Dental benefits.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Vision Care
- Wellness Program
- 8 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Programming Experience: 2 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)