Salary range: The salary range for this position is CAD $24.04 - $31.56 / hour Why Fraser Health?:
Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional, ancestral and unceded territories of the Coast Salish and Nlaka’pamux Nations, and is home to six Métis Chartered Communities.
Our team of nearly 45,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care. Learn more.
We are currently looking to fill a Relief Full Time opportunity for a Administrative Assistant, Clinical Operations at Central City located in Surrey, BC. This relief role is available until August 2024 or until return of incumbent.
Come work with us!
Fraser Health is proudly recognized as a BC Top Employer. Joining our team offers you opportunities to work in a rapidly growing organization with health professionals who are excellent in their respective fields, career growth and advancement, a competitive compensation package (including four weeks of vacation to start, comprehensive health benefits, and pension plan), and the rewarding opportunity to make a difference every single day in health care.
Effective October 26, 2021 all staff for all positions across health care in British Columbia are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (have received a full series of a World Health Organization “WHO” approved vaccine against infection by SARS-COV-2, or a combination of approved WHO vaccines). Please note this applies to all postings, and there are no exceptions.
Fraser Health values diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring and Trust. Fraser Health’s hiring practices aspire to ensure all individuals are treated in an inclusive, equitable, and culturally safe manner.
Connect with us!
Connect with us on our Careers social channels where you’ll learn about exciting opportunities, get career tips from our recruiters, and meet some of your future team members! You can also visit us on Indeed and Glassdoor.
Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | TikTok
Supporting the Vision, Values, Purpose and Commitments of Fraser Health including service delivery that is centered around patients/clients/residents and families:
Provides administrative and secretarial support to the Director by performing duties such as drafting and typing correspondence, generating reports and presentations, responding to a variety of internal and external inquiries, managing appointment calendars, coordinating the work flow for the assigned area, and developing and implementing new work methods and procedures.
- Provides administrative and secretarial support by drafting correspondence and transcribing and typing correspondence, reports, presentations, and memoranda.
- Researches, organizes, and summarizes support materials. Generates reports and presentations.
- Responds to a variety of internal and external inquiries by serving as the primary point of contact and providing information directly or referring to appropriate area or individual.
- Manages appointment calendars including scheduling and coordinating meetings, speaking engagements, and/or conferences. Resolves scheduling conflicts and issues.
- Coordinates the work flow within the assigned area. Receives, reviews, and processes information and takes follow-up action as required.
- Develops and implements new work methods and procedures. Identifies problems, develops alternate solutions, and implements changes.
- Assists in the monitoring of expenditures for budget reports by gathering, compiling, and calculating information.
- Arranges meetings as directed. Books and sets up meeting rooms, prepares meeting agenda, organizes meeting materials, records and prepares minutes of meeting. Conducts or ensures follow-up on action items from meeting.
- Performs record management duties such as setting up and maintaining numeric, alphabetical, and subject filing systems and databases, indexing files and materials to be filed, and conducting file searches for requested information.
- Performs other related duties.
Qualifications: Education and Experience
Grade 12 plus graduation from a recognized administrative or secretarial program plus three (3) years' recent related experience in a large complex business environment or health care environment or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Demonstrates the leadership practices of the Fraser Health Leadership Framework of Clear, Caring and Courageous and creates the conditions for people to succeed.
- Ability to type 55 w.p.m.
- Ability to operate a computer using a variety of desktop technology and other standard office equipment. Proficiency with all Microsoft Office applications at an intermediate level.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple and rapidly changing priorities.
- Ability to deal effectively with others.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.