The Administrative Assistant position provides a comprehensive reception and administrative service to all visitors and staff of CMHA Interlake-Eastern.
- Welcomes all participants and members of the public in a warm, friendly and helpful manner and assures they are comfortable and that their needs are addressed by an appropriate member of the team.
- Provide administrative support to the Regional Director and staff
- Maintain administrative organizational procedures and practices
- Handle administrative responsibilities involved with the Portable Housing Benefit including, processing applications, submitting monthly reports, and participating on the joint screening committee
- Process staff and agency expenses
- Facilitate staff time off requests through current payroll system
- Maintains, operates and programs telephone system to answer and forward telephone calls, taking messages, checking voice mails, and providing basic information regarding CMHA programs.
- Receives general mail and distributes it to proper persons. This includes recording of cheques, date stamping and arranging mail items to go out. This may include preparing orders and invoices for a variety of items.
- Accesses software to assist in tracking and responding to donations, memberships, events, etc.
- Operates and provides support for current computer programs, operating systems and equipment, including the phone and security systems.
- Operates computer to input documents such as letters, reports, forms, minutes and newsletters/event listings. This includes general data entry and tracking monthly statistics.
- Assists in the use and maintenance of office machines such as changing toner and ink cartridges, fixing jams, supporting other staff with requests, etc.
- Maintain/update Policy and Procedure Manuals, as advised by the Regional Director
- Procure office supplies, equipment, and estimates as required
- Maintain and update computerized information management system in Microsoft Word/Excel/Publisher programs
- Assist staff with computerized data entry, access and retrieval
- Provide support to staff in the development of desktop publishing, program pamphlets and other related material, as advised by the Regional Director
- Collaborate with finance department and staff at CMHA Manitoba and Winnipeg
- Assist in general planning for CMHA hosted events when possible and handle delegated tasks advised by the Regional Director
- Attend staff meetings as a participating member
- Transcribe minutes of the CMHA Board of Directors and staff meetings
- Present an attitude conducive to CMHA Board member, management, staff, clients and the community at large
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, Excel, Publisher
- Demonstrated ability to type at 35 wpm
- Demonstrated ability to format documents
- Correct usage of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Effective and efficient use of office equipment (multi-line telephones, computers, copier)
- Up to date knowledge of agency programs, staffing and areas of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong customer service and organizational skills with accurate attention to detail
- Effective team member, working to achieve a common goal of enhancing the service user’s experience and journey of recovery
- Ability to work with interruptions
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Understands and consistently abides to confidentiality and privacy expectations
- Exercise sound judgement, adjust priorities, and consult as needed
- Adhere to the values, principles and policies of the organization
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Must have a recent satisfactory criminal record check and a recent satisfactory child abuse registry check
- Must be flexible when working hours extend past the regular office hours of 8:30-4:30 Monday to Friday, providing assistance as needed
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.52 to $15.31 /hour
- administrative assistant: 3 years (Preferred)