PATRIA is currently hiring a SENIOR LINE COOK to join our Culinary team!
PATRIA is an authentic Spanish tapas eatery on King Street West. Our carefully crafted extensive menu features dishes such as delicately prepared crispy jamon croquettes and traditional paellas. Seafood is a staple of Spanish cuisine, and PATRIA showcases an ever-changing selection of only the freshest fish, octopus and shrimp, sourced daily. PATRIA is part of the ICONINK portfolio, a full-service international hospitality and lifestyle brand which takes inspiration from global cuisine and culture.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Responsible for preparing food for service in a premium restaurant
- Set up cooking station with all the necessary ingredients and equipment
- Ensure the inventory is stocked in the kitchen
- Adhere to the recipes provided by the Chef de Cuisine
- Provides leadership and direction to Line Cooks in prepping and cooking
- Work alongside Back of House team to execute dishes with accuracy, speed, and detail
- Perform excellent food presentation and garnishing
- Lead by example and work with other team members in the restaurant such as Dishwashers, Chefs, as well as Front of House members such as Servers and Expeditors
- Review and inspect product freshness
- Be able to have many culinary skills such as butchering meat, cleaning fish, preparing sauces, performing mise en place, etc.
- Keep a clean work station, including equipment and utensils
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- ·Recent graduate or enrolled in culinary school considered an asset
- Minimum three years related experience as a cook preferred
- Food Handling and Health & Safety training considered an asset
- Strong knife skills and use of kitchen equipment
- Must have a positive attitude and a passion for food
- Strong verbal communication
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced working environment
- Attention to detail
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism (i.e. punctuality, commitment to the job, well-groomed, etc.)
- Works well independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to bend, stand for long periods of time, and lift heavy materials
WHY WORK FOR US?
- Competitive Wages
- Discounts at our restaurants
- Corporate Goodlife Fitness rates
- Awesome Perks
- A great team and culture
- Training and Development, Growth
ICONINK recognizes its obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and, upon request, will provide accommodation in the recruitment processes to the point of undue hardship.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
Staff COVID-19 screening questionnaire is in place; mandatory masks for guests; take-out is available.
- Are you legal to work in Canada and do you have a valid SIN?
- Do you live in the Toronto area?