POSITION TITLE: Accounting Analyst
REPORTS TO: Controller
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The incumbent will work within the Finance and Accounting Department and is responsible for providing accounting, financial reporting and system support, to ensure department goals and objectives are achieved. The primary responsibilities include ensuring accurate, complete and timely financial reporting, and support for other system and general accounting functions.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders, provide day to day financial system support
- Support the month-end close process
- Reconcile assigned balance sheet accounts on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Prepare cost analyses comparing actual to budget with concise explanations and guidance
- Support system implementation projects
- Undertake additional projects/tasks as required
POSITION PROFILE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Completed post-secondary education or equivalent (Accounting, Finance or Economics degree preferred)
- CPA designation or enrollment preferred
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience business and/or finance. Accounting or Budgeting experience preferred
- Proficiency in Windows applications, with proven experience in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Knowledge of Famous Software and Axon systems is an asset
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills is a must
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work under pressure with strong attention to detail
- The ability to multi-task and take initiative is an asset
- Develops and maintains good working relationships with all members of the team
- Develops and maintains good working relationships within the Company as well as all other internal and external stakeholders
- Develop, establish and maintain good working relationship with Company’s suppliers, partners, consultants, stakeholders and other network contacts
- Enjoys team-building approach of management and department - shares results
Can-Am Pepper Company Ltd. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation will consider the applicant's accessibility needs.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $45,000.00 to $55,000.00 /year
- accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)