Are you creative, dynamic and passionate? Do you like to think outside of the box and find new ways to achieve your goals? Corus Entertainment has an exciting opportunity for you. If you have a passion for excellence, and would like to work for Corus Entertainment, we encourage you to apply.
Have you always dreamed of working with the country’s leading actors and reality stars? How about working with Canada’s top chefs and home contractors? Or getting up close and personal with company events and internal communications? Corus Entertainment is looking for superstar interns with a passion for entertainment and Canadian programming to join the publicity and corporate communications teams for the fall term. We are looking to hire three (3) interns to support the Television Publicity team.
Television Publicity Intern (Three positions available):
The successful candidates for the Television Publicity team will be reporting to the Publicist for one of three television streams, which include Global Television, Lifestyle, or Drama and Kids.
In this Television Publicity Intern role, you will be responsible for:
Our ideal candidates will have:
- Media monitoring for multiple priority brands
- Entering publicity results into MRP for key publicity campaigns
- Working with the publicity team to generate and maximize positive publicity for network programming
- Collect and organize visual asset material (artwork, video clips, etc.)
- Basic writing assignments including monthly highlights, episode descriptions, talent bios, etc.
- Assisting in the organization of media events
- Assemble press kits, media releases and corporate kits and help coordinate internal and external distribution
- Conduct media research and assist with media relations as well media database updates
- Coordinate administrative needs including filing, maintaining image and programming materials
- Please note the successful candidates will receive a honourarium upon successful completion of the internship.
- Enrolled in an undergraduate degree or diploma program in public relations or communications
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills and superior attention to detail
- Above average computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Enthusiasm, creativity and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in an open office setting individually and as part of a team
- Interest in and knowledge of the Canadian broadcast and entertainment industries’ trends and developments
- Knowledge of social media platforms,including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is an asset
Interested applicants are invited to submit one cover letter and resume by Monday, March 30. Please clearly indicate in your subject line / cover letter which program you are currently enrolled in to recieve credit for your internship.
- No phone calls please.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only those enrolled in an undergraduate degree or diploma program in public relations or communications who needs to recieve a credit will be considered.
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people's lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you'll feel it. You'll see it in action.
You'll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You'll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You'll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us pretty unique - and amazing - place to work.
At Corus we value and actively involve the full range of what makes people unique in order to create a strong and innovative company where amazing people thrive. A company where people have the full opportunity to show their unique value and develop their potential. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, people of colour, people with disabilities, people from all gender and sexually diverse communities and people with intersectional identities.
Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
How to Apply
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now'.
- No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.