We require a dynamic Massage Therapy Instructor to join our team at South Edmonton School of Massage Therapy. This position may be as one of our primary instructors or as an assistant instructor. We have an excellent team of instructors and administrators as well as a top-notch curriculum that is currently in the process of being accredited by the CMTCA for equivalency recognition across Canada. Below are some important details:
- The next semester begins in September 2019 with the dates of class to be announced. Our unique program runs only on the weekends between September and June at 2 to 4 full teaching days per month on Saturdays and Sundays for 20 hours teaching. Up to 10 hours preparation time per month is also allotted for the primary instructor.
- Primary Instructor job duties involve instructing classes, use of power point, marker board, computers and internet, lab work, planning other items such as in class clinic, coordinating special guests. Administrative duties include keeping track of student progress and keeping files on each student and strengths/weaknesses, feedback during and between sessions via phone and email, and writing and marking written and practical tests. The primary instructor is in charge of delegating tasks to the assistant instructor.
- Assistant Instructor job duties involve assisting the primary instructor with lectures and labs as needed, marking papers, administrative tasks and organizational tasks, collaborating with the primary instructor, and acting as a relief instructor when needed.
- 3 years experience as a 2200 hour registered massage therapist is mandatory
- experience as a massage instructor is an asset
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $30.00 to $40.00 /hour
- massage therapy: 3 years (Required)