In business since 1994, Mid Ontario Truck Centre offers excellent Service, Parts and Technical support with three locations to serve you. Our dealerships in Barrie, Maple and Bracebridge Ontario carry a large inventory of Mack and Volvo trucks and parts to meet the immediate needs of our customers. State of the art diagnostics and experienced team of technicians ensure vehicles are operating according to customer expectations and optimal performance. In recognition of our excellent service, this privately owned company has won a number of awards including Volvo Dealer of the Year and Mack Dealer of the Year,
Our Maple location is presently recruiting for a Receptionist to join our dynamic team of customer minded professionals. If you qualify for this position, we will be happy to hear from you.
The Receptionist is the front line of customer service, in person and on the phone will greet customers and perform general administrative duties. Handles incoming calls and may operate a switchboard. May also assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including word processing, data entry, and Internet research tasks. Responsible for coordinating mailing pickups and package distribution.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answering dealership group phones
- Greeting and receiving prospects and customers
- Directs customers to the correct department, notifies the appropriate person that a customer is waiting, and introduces the customer to a salesperson.
- Working cooperatively with the sales team
- Updating customer records, basic data entry and clerical duties
- Communicates with callers and visitors in a professional, friendly, and efficient manner
- Types memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Participating in customer satisfaction process
- Participate in customer retention process
- Coordinates Package pickups and mailings with service providers (FedEx, Purolator, Canada Post, Etc.)
- Keeps inventory of office products, office supply room, and requests reorder from Staples with approval by Office Manager.
- Comply with requirements as outlined in the OHSA, WHMIS company handbook and all other company issued memos and policies including proper use of appropriate PPE. Follow business code of ethics and communicate to team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and or ability required to successfully perform the job.
Education and/or experience
- Excellent Phone Etiquette including Tone/Voice
- Dealership experience an asset
- Minimum GED or ACE
- High standard of fluency in English for both oral and written correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
- Ability to apply basic mathematical skills.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificate, Licenses, Registrations
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is required to sit, walk, stoop, lift and bend.
- The noise level in the work environment is minor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by those assigned to this job classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as required.
Mid Ontario Truck Centre is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with The Accessibility For Ontarian and Disabilities Act (AODA) and The Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC)
Job Type: Full-time
- administrative: 1 year (Preferred)
- receptionist: 1 year (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)