Part time Medical Office Assistant/Receptionist for a Family Medicine Clinic in Mississauga
Our Family Medicine Clinic is looking for a part time receptionist/administrative assistant who is able to work 2 days a week from 9am-5pm. The candidate must have the ability to be flexible to cover vacations/sick days as needed. There may also be the opportunity to pick up some extra days/hours if desired.
Our office consists of four Family Physicians and two nurse practitioners. We also use an electronic medical record. We are located in a growing area of Mississauga near the border of Oakville. We have a great group of physicians and staff and are looking for someone to join our team!
The successful candidate will help us to maintain an efficient and professional medical practice. The position requires excellent administrative skills and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment that caters to different patient needs. Reception tasks include booking patient appointments, checking in patients, taking them to exam rooms, preparing for visits and completing all administrative tasks necessary for follow-up. The ability to measure patient vitals, including height, weight and BP, is an asset.
- Minimum of Grade 12 education
- Course in MOA an asset
Skills and Knowledge:
- Computer competency: Windows, all Microsoft Office programs, e-mail and internet
research, ability to learn the EMR system
o Experience with Oscar EMR an asset
- Proficiency in verbal and written communications in English
- 1-3 years previous working experience
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail especially when entering information
into EMR system
- Exercises good judgement and shows a willingness to take on new challenges
- Works well in a team environment and works collaboratively with all team members
- Willingness to learn to give IM and SC injections an asset
- Patient scheduling/rescheduling as per provider guidelines.
- Physician rescheduling due to vacation, illness, meetings, urgent care.
- Patient check-in ensuring correct up-to-date demographics, health card validation, etc.
- Be aware of uninsured services, collect any outstanding payments owing/process
collection of payments for uninsured services.
- Supporting assigned physicians/NPs regarding messages, prescriptions, forms, medical
- Retrieval, sorting and distribution of faxes, mail and work for the physician/NP in a
- Messaging to physicians/NPs re: questions, results, etc and bringing attention to
- Transferring of calls to appropriate individual.
- Responding to patient voicemails and requests in a timely fashion.
- Notifying patients of upcoming specialist appointments.
- Communicating messages to patients (including test results) in a timely and sensitive
fashion as directed by the Physician or NP.
Preparing Patients for their Visit:
- Preparing charts and requisitions for periodic health reviews, paps.
- Taking patients to examination rooms and asking them to change into a gown when
- Measuring/recording vitals (for adults, children and babies) and urine dips as directed.
- Ensuring exam rooms cleaned and stocked appropriately.
- Collecting, testing and preparing swabs and/or urine samples for lab processing.
The hourly rate will be determined based on experience.
Job Type: Part-time
- English (Preferred)