HSDC is looking for a Part Time Web Development Instructor whose primary goal is to effectively deliver and teach a highly engaging program that enables our students to learn and develop the necessary skills to help them succeed in their chosen career path. The position is to teach, conduct lectures and assist students. Additionally, you will have direct impact to our curriculum by creating new learning content.
Starts: June 25th – Aug 23th, 2018
Days: Tuesdays & Thursdays
Hours: 3: 30pm – 6:30pm (3hrs / week)
The program includes teaching the following areas
- HTML5, CSS3, responsive design
- WordPress theme development (custom post types, custom fields, etc.)
- Version control and open-sourcing code using Git and Github
- Paired programming & working in teams
- Best practices for modern web development
- Website accessibility requirements
- Teach assigned lessons and adequately prepare all course materials and lessons.
- To help develop new learning programs, curriculum and learning approaches to ensure we continue to offer the most relevant, engaging learning experiences to our students that will help both students succeed in their chosen career paths.
- Provide students with clear course expectations, evaluations and timelines through carefully written topical outlines and approved, standardized syllabus.
- Provide relevant assignments for students that demonstrate learning outcomes in a real-life setting.
- Challenge, engage, serve and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning while maintaining mutual value and respect.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of instructor-to-student feedback during the student’s learning program.
- Guide students through the development of a stellar final project that will showcase their abilities.
- Facilitate a dynamic and collaborative classroom community.
- Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus.
- Expertise in interpersonal and oral presentation/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree / Diploma / Training Graphic or Web Design or a related field from a college/university
- A minimum of two years of graphic/web design experience required.
- Software Skills required: Word Press Java Script Html5, CSS3.
- Digital design for web is an asset.
- Ability to explain complex tasks in a clear and simple way.
Benefits of Volunteering with HSDC:
- Provide opportunities to acquire work experience and/or improve your skills
- The candidate will receive a certificate and a reference letter, for contributing to the community
- Opportunities for full-time employment in the agency or at partner organizations
- Give you the joy of contributing towards making better lives for others
- Acquire knowledge of potential employers and other valuable information
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP THAT THE APPLICANT CAN USE FOR SCHOOL/COLLEGE CREDITS
We thank you for your interest in applying to Heritage Skills Development Centre; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship, Volunteer
- Web Development: 1 year (Preferred)