SKYSERVICE BUSINESS AVIATION
Skyservice is Canada’s leader in business aviation. Built on the key principles of safety and service, we provide a full service experience from Aircraft Management, Aircraft Charter, Maintenance and Aircraft sales from our Fixed Base Operations in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Calgary. People and values are the inseparable assets that drive our dedication to Quality, Safety, Respect, Commitment and Efficiency. These are the core values that guide us every day and help build our reputation as leaders in aviation services. Skyservice is a team dedicated to supporting and developing our employees. If you want to grow your career and broaden your experience, then Skyservice is the right team for you.
The primary duty of the Coordinator, Student Shuttle is to administer and coordinate activities around the air and ground transportation of special needs students attending specialty schools across Ontario. This includes closely monitoring operations and preparing contingency plans based on operational requirements. The coordinator must have an ability to remain composed in high stress situations which require strong multi-tasking and communication skills while ensuring timely and accurate schedule communication to the operator, client and guides.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Book, prepare and set-up all scheduled flights for a specific program;
- Set up all related travel arrangements, such as special ground transportation requirements, airline bookings, etc.;
- Oversee all flight activity whether day, evening or weekends;
- Prepare flights as per guidelines established in company Standard Operating Procedures and following the Company Operations Manuel;
- Responsible for training and scheduled, all flight guides and ensures Ministry compliance
- Prepare the required documentation and track the flights while adhering to the contractual obligations for budgetary purposes.
- Interact/communicate with customers internal and external with a high degree of professionalism.
- Other duties, as assigned by immediate Manager
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in aviation an asset;
- Experience working with special needs students is an asset;
- Experience working with the Ontario Government and the provincial education system is an asset;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook and with FOS, as an asset;
- Ability to take initiative, to make decisions and work in a dynamic, high-pressure environment while meeting tight deadlines;
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and superior communication skills, both written / verbal;
- Strong commitment to providing the best customer service in the industry;
- Team player with strong organizational skills;
- Flexible work schedule with shifts including evenings and weekends;
- Bilingual (French and English) considered an asset;
- Can effectively cope with change and shift gears comfortably and quickly;
- Is effective in a variety of settings, including with internal and external audiences, one-on-one, and in groups, with peers, direct reports, management and external stakeholders.
Post-secondary education in aviation management or a related field is considered an asset.
Skyservice is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. If for any reason you cannot apply through our job board, please contact a member of our Human Resources team for special accommodation.