As part of a growing design and development team in downtown Toronto, you would have a ground floor opportunity with plenty of growth potential.
Your role, first and foremost, is to push the boundaries of technology, primarily in the virtual and augmented reality space. Outside of a foundation in 3D Graphics, Design and Art Creation, what we’re looking for most is someone who loves exploring, learning and creating. Our industry moves really fast so it’s not what you know, it’s whether you can adapt and grow.
You are an adaptable artist with a good grasp of what it takes to make great stunning visuals, that can be rendered with in VR and AR. You like to problem solve and you’re excited about new technology. As part of a small team, you should first and foremost have a positive attitude, enjoy learning about and absorbing new ideas.
- Create models from scratch that meet all technical and aesthetic standards for the project
- Create realistic textures.
Complete tasks within production deadlines while being largely self-directed, proactive, collaborative and passionate.
- Create content that aligns and maintains consistency with visual direction set for the clients
- Ensure all content meets the highest quality bar and performance requirements of the engine.
- Participate in R&D, problem solving artistic solutions to technical problems.
- Take constructive feedback from supervisors and deliver those changes in an efficient and timely manner.
Only reviewing resumes with the following:
- We will consider Associate candidates with no industry experience if their portfolio is of very high standard.
- Candidates are suggested to have 1-2-year industry experience as a 3D modeler within VR industry or similar.
You in a nutshell
- You love art, design, 3D, exploring and creating
- You play with technology in your spare time, not just for work
- You have a mindset for collaboration and teamwork
- You’re like experimenting and going down the Google rabbit hole to figure something out
- You’re a perfectionist and actually detail oriented (you don’t just say you are for interviews)
- You like the idea of working at a fast-paced startup and are agile/adaptable
- You want to develop scalable tech products and experiences
- You're a stickler for visuals and creating real life scenarios or environments
- You’re an FTP (Follow-Through-Person) and a self-starter who takes ownership in the work you do
Core Skills – Must Haves
- Experience with Maya, Blender or 3DSMax
- PBR Pipeline
- High & Low Poly Modeling, Baking,
- Experience with Substance Painter
- Experience with Unity3D
- Familiarity with development cycles and engines
- Experience with 3D, real-time computer graphics and Graphic Design
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Passion for VR/AR/MR, knowledge of Oculus
- College Diploma / Degree in graphic design, 3d, video game development or equivalent training
- Adobe CS skills
- Shader Creation Knowledge
- Data Analysis
- Oculus Quest
- Unreal Engine
- 3D math (matrix/vector math, trigonometry, linear algebra, etc.)
Want to apply?
Due to the volume of applicants, we will do our best to get back to every qualified candidate but we might not. If you’re interested in applying, please creep us on the internet for more information. All selected candidates will undergo a vetting process and test so please be prepared for this.
A quick blurb about yourself and why you think you fit into a startup environment
Reference ID: 5132021
Expected start date: 2021-06-01
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $50,000.00-$59,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
No onsite meetings currently, and option to work from home as long as you in within GTA. Mask required when working in office if you are within 2 meters of anyone else. Currently all employees onsite have the first dose of the vaccine.
- Completed Post-Secondary Education
- Do you have a Canadian Citizenship or Permanent Residency?
- 3D Modeling: 3 years (required)
- Unity: 1 year (preferred)
- Texturing: 3 years (preferred)
- Virtual Reality Development: 1 year (preferred)