The Class 5 Truck Driver is a key part of the of the Fraser Valley Rona Delivery team. The driver is responsible for ensuring the quick and timely delivery of customer orders, resulting in positive customer experiences and building consumer loyalty.
Duties include but are not limited to verifying customer special orders, loading orders into the truck, safe and efficient delivery of all orders and facilitating customer relationships
- Initiate contact with customers to confirm deliveries and drop locations as per customer requirements
- Be professional by providing excellent customer service at all delivery locations
- Loading and unloading of delivery truck
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the truck
- Keeping accurate records of truck maintenance and service checks in conjunction with pre/post trip checks
- Able to understand and adhere to all provincial driving laws and regulations
- Maintain and hold a clean driver’s abstract
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles to the relevant supervisor.
- Coordinate with Shipper to prioritize order of deliveries
- Provide on-time deliveries through strategic and efficient routine.
- Complete and maintain necessary delivery paperwork/applicable tracking software data.
- Ensuring always in compliance with WorkSafe Standards
- Possess a Class 5 license and a clean drivers abstract
- Physically able to off load all deliveries safely and without assistance.
- Highly skilled in providing timely and efficient customer service
- Excellent listening, communication and organizational skills
- Detail orientated and strong attention to following safe work practices
- Exceptional time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to perform job duties that involve stretching, bending, lifting and carrying objects of varying weights
- Must be able to lift at least 70 lbs
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Plastic shield at work stations
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place