Our client, a national quick service retail organization is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic to join their manufacturing facility team in Etobicoke. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Mechanic Millwright will be responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties. You will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures.
What you’ll be doing:
- Complying with workplace safety policies and regulations.
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area.
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all machines.
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect potential failures and eliminate unplanned downtime.
- Adjusting machinery and repairing or replacing defective parts.
- Closing work orders and documenting work completed
- Follow precision maintenance standards when repairing or installing equipment.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machines.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Working on Millwright License
- 5 years’ experience
- Food Industry Experience is an asset
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently on jobs without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Able to deal with people tactfully and professionally at all times.
- Monday to Friday operations, with the odd weekend. Mon to Fri 7:00 a.m. start and Friday 4:00 a.m. start, working a total of 40 - 44 hours per week.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $32.00 /hour