Consider becoming a Live Well | Bien Vivre Volunteer Ambassador with the Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick! The Heart and Stroke Foundation has a mission to Promote Health, Save Lives and Enhance Recovery!
Please visit the following link to apply for this volunteer position:
- English Application: https://forms.gle/AvNUCri7wjZop9KC6
- French Application: https://forms.gle/kFcoMMx7wVWs8f74A
Role Overview: The Heart & Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick (HSFNB) is seeking multiple Live Well | Bien Vivre Volunteer Ambassadors to work within our program in cooperation with a regional Health Coach. Live Well | Bien Vivre (LWBV) is an accessible, bilingual, confidential, no charge, professional health coaching that supports NB adults (19+) with their health and wellness goals. LWBV is managed by the HSFNB and funded by the Government of New Brunswick. This unique program utilizes a community-based approach to support the prevention and management of chronic disease and conditions.
Role of the LWBV Volunteer Ambassador will include to:
- Participate in training and mentoring for the role of volunteer ambassador
- Provide general knowledge of programs/services/events of the Heart and Stroke Foundation of New Brunswick
- Provide specific information on the Live Well | Bien Vivre program
- Collaborate with the health coach(es) in your geographical area
- Seek promotional opportunities to build awareness of the Live Well | Bien Vivre program
- Promote the Live Well | Bien Vivre program with adults (19+) in public forums (health fairs, booths, social media, etc.)
- Deliver information about the Live Well | Bien Vivre program to public sites and interested groups
- Coordinate details for promotional activities with respective personnel and site
- Set up booth/table and resources to be informative and attractive
- Public speaking and use of interactive items, e.g., PowerPoints, website, videos, etc.
- Respond to inquiries on the Live Well | Bien Vivre program or HSFNB services/events, consistent with training
- Adhere to the policies and procedures of the Live Well | Bien Vivre program and the organization
Candidates should possess the following:
- Criminal record check & Vulnerable sector check.
- Commit to 8-10 hours of internal training, and ongoing as required.
- Access to a computer, phone and internet.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a reliable vehicle.
- Intermittent physical activity including walking, standing, sitting, lifting, and transporting supplies for presentations, displays, etc.
- Excellent English and/or French communication skills, depending upon location.
- Minimum time commitment of 2 hours per week.
- Minimum 6 month time commitment (following training).
- 19 +, New Brunswick Resident.
- This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
- The HSFNB thanks all of those who apply.
- Only those who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.
Job Types: Part-time, Volunteer
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
At the Heart and Stroke Foundation of NB, we have a designated Health and Safety Committee who have created a rigorous COVID-19 Operational Plan to ensure the health and safety of our employees, volunteers, donors, stakeholders, and community.