* Must be bilingual English/French
* Must be willing to travel for extended periods
*Teach and tutor students in your designated subjects
* Assist in the preparation of tutoring materials and lessons throughout the program
* Deliver programs to the highest teaching standards and in accordance with the Teachers Code of Conduct. Report any quality deficiencies
* Use your creativity to devise ways of increasing tutoring program participation and effectiveness.
* Assist other teachers when downtime permits
* Attend head office for training
* Give training to new teachers of programs on site or at head office as may be required
* Submit weekly reports in required format
* Ensure all participants in programs are aware of the our brand, mission and initiatives. Distribute
literature and marketing material as appropriate
*Attend head office to prepare equipment and make inventory using provided packing lists to deliver specified programs
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS ESSENTIAL
Teaching/tutoring experience, preferably in Math and/or Science
Excellent oral and written English and French
Good presentation skills.
Intermediate computer ability with MS Office, Powerpoint
Advanced Internet research skills, email skills.
Able to lift up to 50 lbs. boxes on wheels
Ability to engage and motivate others.
Flexible, energetic, team player,
Punctual, reliable, open to new experiences, continuous learner.
Experience in a multilingual, multicultural environment.
Problem solver, takes initiative, positive outlook.
Valid Canadian driver’s license and ability to drive long distances on remote roads
Current police clearance report with attention to vulnerable sector screening
Available to travel to and between Northern Communities
Adaptable to living conditions in remote Canadian communities
Be in good health
KNOWLEDGE AND/OR SKILLS DESIRABLE:
Experience teaching children of various backgrounds
Experience teaching children with special needs
Able to market ideas and support for education foundation
Job Type: Contract
- Drivers License G (Preferred)
- English/French (Preferred)