Are you looking for an exciting career in the healthcare sector? St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre Brantford is a faith-based organization that is part of the 6-member St. Joseph’s Health Care System. We are a values-based, client-centric organization that includes 205 long-term care beds.
We are seeking a compassionate and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to join our organization.
As a Registered Nurse, you will be an integral part of a collaborative and inter-disciplinary team focused on delivering exemplary care to our clients.
During the pandemic, the applicant can only work in another location if they have received both doses of the COVID 19 vaccination. Applicants must be available for casual and part time lines, including weekends and holidays.
Reporting to the Director of Long-Term Care of St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre, the RN supports all aspects of the Nursing Department
Key responsibilities include:
Including but not limited to:
Successful candidates will have:
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team, the Registered Nurse will plan and provide professional care for residents within the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care Homes Act.
- They will provide direction and supervision for the care given by Registered Practical Nurses and Personal Support Workers.
- The RN will liaise with other healthcare providers to develop and maintain a resident centered, goal oriented plan of care.
- The RN will work in accordance with all the policies and procedures of the facility.
- The employee will work in a safe and healthy manner and will follow the regulations outlined in the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Graduate Nurse of a College or University Program.
- Must be a current registrant in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Preferred completion of a geriatric assessment course.
- Preferred experience in geriatric, rehabilitative or long term care. Preference given to experience in psychogeriatric’s.
- Ability to read and interpret documents as required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form using critical thinking skills.
- The employee should be able to meet the basic physical demands of a nursing role including provision of care, medication administration, lifting and transfers following internal policy and procedures. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring and the ongoing employment lifecycle.
Upon individual request, the Health Centre will endeavour to remove any barrier to the employment lifecycle to accommodate those employees with disabilities. Should any employee require accommodation through the employment lifecycle, please contact Human Resources.