12 Month Contract - Corporate Communications Specialist
Rich in heritage, culture and community spirit, the Town of St. Marys is located on the Thames River between Stratford and London. Offering a diversity of services, while providing the 7,200 residents with the opportunity to experience a high quality of life, St. Marys is a community with considerable promise. Reporting to the Corporate Communications and Events Manager, the Corporate Communications Specialist is part of a team that supports corporate wide marketing and communications projects
Positions Available: 1
Closing: December 9, 2019
Status: Full-time, 12 Month Contract
Work Location: Town Hall
Days of Work: Monday -Friday Hours of Work: Days
Pay Range: $21.40-23.45/hr
1. Utilizes writing, graphic design and project management skills to create marketing and communications materials such as guidebooks, advertisements, brochures and digital ads.
2. Manages corporate social media platforms.
3. Manages corporate website updates and works with external partners to create and roll out website functionality updates.
4. Supports corporate event planning and implementation.
5. Provides front-line customer service to residents and visitors.
- Post-Secondary education in the form of a community college diploma focused on communications or public relations or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 6 months to 1 year related experience
- 6 months or more relevant design experience
- Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work with members of the public and staff.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should submit an application (cover letter and resume) before the closing date to Human Resources at 175 Queen Street East, P.O. Box 998 St. Marys. ON N4X 1B6. To view the complete posting, please visit our website at www.townofstmarys.com.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with MFIPPA, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and will only be used for candidate selection.
Accommodations will be provided throughout the recruitment, hiring and employment process in accordance with the AODA and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $21.40 to $23.45 /hour