G&C Asphalt, division of NPA Ltd. is looking for an experienced Tack Truck Operator/Labourer to join us for our 2021 construction season!
- Proper machine startup, operation, and shutdown knowledge.
- Operate the distributor safely and efficiently.
- Understand and follow directions from supervisors as to the required work area and emulsion distribution rates.
- Filling asphalt and burner fuel tanks, cleaning and setting spray bars, and cleaning excess asphalt out of tanks.
- Perform daily maintenance checks and report any mechanical or safety issues to supervisors.
- Monitor vehicle performance and mechanical fitness.
- Work with the asphalt paving crew when the distributor is not required.
- Other related construction labour duties as required.
- Must have a valid class 1 or class 3 driver's license with air endorsement.
- Must produce an acceptable 5 year Drivers Abstract.
- No experience required, willing to train strong candidates.
- Physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 50 LBS on a regular basis.
- Must comply with Drug and Alcohol testing requirements.
- Prior experience working within a paving company is a definite asset.
- Availability to work both out-of-town and remote locations.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
G&C Asphalt is pleased to offer the successful candidate an attractive wage, comprehensive benefits, including a pension plan, educational assistance, excellent opportunities for professional growth, and more.
We thank all candidates for their interest in a position with G&C Asphalt, however only candidates selected to move forward will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care