Consider an opportunity with the Medical Council of Canada (MCC)!
Working at the MCC means being part of a dynamic team that ensures the highest standard of physician evaluation.
Every member of our team, in any job, at any level, is involved in contributing to the health and well-being of Canadians.
Financial Costing Analyst
Permanent Full Time
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Working closely with the corporate business units, you will be preforming strategic analyses to support the corporate goals and objectives. This includes costing models, business case development, problem definition, options analysis, and solution recommendation. Business models and future states of proposed business lines will be explored. You will be an important contributor in creating and refining key performance indicators and the supporting tools and spreadsheets for related analysis.
Your key responsibilities would include:
- Develop cost and pricing models; gather and interpret data relevant to projects, and MCC lines of business
- Develop comprehensive, analytics-based business case analysis
- Provide insight into new processes and map workflows within the Finance and Corporate Services (F&CS) department
- Analyze the impact and linkages on system software for new and current processes
- Liaise with IT on system integration/ improvements
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to ensure timely/accurate execution of goals
Qualifications and Experience:
- Superior oral and written skills in English with oral and written skills in French a strong asset
- Degree in Business or related field
- Accounting designation
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with financial cost modelling lines of business/processes, preferably in a service industry
- Demonstrated experience analyzing business and technical requirements with a focus on Finance.
- Proven ability for business technical writing
- Strong skills working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong quantitative skills and advanced Excel skills with the ability to create and interpret statistical analyses
- Knowledge of analytics software is an asset
- Highly developed attention-to-detail
- Ability to manage multiple changing priorities, including under pressure and while working to deadlines
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create highly informative, insightful, and actionable reports and presentations
- Strong Presentation skills
- Strong customer service focus with demonstrated success in influencing data-driven decision making.
- A defined benefit pension plan
- A complete benefit package your first day on the job
- Three weeks’ vacation right off the bat
- A company paid holiday closure in December – our gift to you!
- A 35-hour work week
- Compressed and telework programs
- Free onsite parking - any day, any time
- An onsite gym plus complimentary fitness classes
Visit our Careers webpage to learn more about why the Medical Council of Canada is a National Capital Region Top Employer!
Accommodations will be provided at all stages of the hiring process; we ask applicants to make their needs known in advance.
Please note that only those invited for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent