At Aramark, we focus on enriching and nourishing the lives of millions all over the world, providing a wide range of services—food, facilities and uniforms—to a diverse group of clients in 19 countries. Our commitment to hiring, training and rewarding the right people ensures that our employees are more than just hard workers. They’re Service Stars!
Aramark Canada is offering enthusiastic individuals committed to providing exceptional customer service the opportunity to join the Dalhousie Food Services team as Residence Dining Hall Food Service Workers!
- Assures quality, courteous customer service is provided to all customers
- Record temperatures, label products in accordance with FIFO, complete waste log and cleaning log
- Adhere to all Aramark policies and procedures including occupational health and safety and food safety
- May perform other job duties as required
- Educate customers on menu items, daily features, dining hall events
- Maintains continual cleaning and sanitizing of surrounding work area
- Food preparation
- Stock and merchandise shelves, cereal and bread bar, salad bar, and coolers
- May wash and sanitize component dishes and utensils
- Experience in the restaurant/food service industry considered an asset
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Must be flexible, as evening and weekend work is required.
This is a unionized position with SEIU Local 2. Aramark offers a comprehensive health benefit program, employee meal plan, complimentary uniform and shoes, and other incentives!
Aramark Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations for those with disabilities are available upon request.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.85 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Weekend availability
Submit Direct resume at email@example.com
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- serving: 1 year (preferred)
Expected start date: 2022-08-30