Specialist Product Marketing and Regulatory Affairs
Reporting to the Senior Product Marketing Manager, this role will manage the day-to-day product marketing for the product categories: Vaccum Cleaners and Counter-Top Coffee Systems including Coffee Beans.
They will also be responsible for all topics pertaining to regulatory affairs with provincial and federal government departments, as well as third party organizations that affect Miele products (i.e. NRCan, etc.).
The Product Marketing and Regulatory Affairs Specialist will ensure constant and consistent local management of their product categories in line with the directive from GTZ and other key departments in Germany, to ensure alignment while at the same time providing market feedback to ensure on-going improvements. This individual is responsible for all product management and product development topics including: idea generation of new products for the Canadian market, product adaptations, understanding of local approvals and processes (MET/CSA), pricing and SKU portfolio management. She/he will also work very closely with internal departments such as Marketing Communications, Product Training, Logistics, Technical Services and Sales to ensure alignment on all product related topics.
They will be the main interface between Miele Canada, Miele head office departments in Germany and the respective local governing bodies on Canada specific approbations and product regulations, product ratings/reviews, sustainability and recycling topics and any other topics that may be relevant in this context. He/she is responsible for knowing the most current applicable regulations that affect their industry, ensures Miele Canada complies with those regulations and that necessary documentation is completed and submitted.
The ideal candidate will be creative and analytical, have a strong attention to detail, and bring a passion and desire to market for a genuine premium brand.
· Post Secondary Education Bachelor’s degree
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Product Management required.
· Technical background and experience in regulatory affairs will be an asset
· Exceptional strategic planning, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· German language (written/verbal) is required
· French language skills would be a significant asset
· Excellent computer skills, especially with Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel
· Excellent organization skills
Application deadline: 2020-08-21
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company Events
- Company Pension
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Extended Health Care
- Flexible Schedule
- Life Insurance
- On-site Parking
- Paid Time Off
- Store Discount
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work From Home
- Power Point & Excel: 2 years (Preferred)
- Regulatory Affairs: 1 year (Preferred)