Quinte Health Care (QHC), located in south/central Ontario, is an integrated system of hospitals working with our partners to provide exceptional care. Our four hospitals: Belleville General Hospital, Trenton Memorial Hospital, Prince Edward County Memorial Hospital and North Hastings Hospital, offer high-quality, comprehensive health services to nearly 200,000 people throughout the region.
With fantastic restaurants, a thriving arts and culture scene, and more than 40 wineries, the Quinte region is an excellent place to live. The array of parks, picturesque beaches, golf courses, and waterfront trails, provide plenty of opportunity for outdoor adventure. This dynamic, growing community offers affordable housing in both urban and rural settings and is an easy commute to larger centres such as Toronto, Kingston, Ottawa and Montreal. Visit www.bayofquinte.ca to learn more about the region.
QHC’s vision is to provide exceptional and compassionate care and to be valued by our communities and inspired by the people we serve. We strive to enhance the quality and safety of care, create an exceptional safety experience, provide effective care transitions, and be an exceptional workplace. In applying to any of our careers, all candidates will promote a safe environment by informing their manager of any relevant issues related to patients, families or staff and maintain a focus on patient and staff safety in all aspects of duties performed.
This position is a multi-site position.
- Current Certificate of Registration in good standing, or eligible for registration from the Physiotherapists of Ontario within 6 months of hire.
- Minimum of 200 hours working in direct PT patient care situations with neurological and/or orthopaedic conditions within the last 12 months (may include student placement hours).
- Evidence of continuing professional development. (please list most recent 3 on application)
- Capable of coping with a physically demanding workload. (Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) available to review)
- Assess referred patients, including suitability for physiotherapy treatment and potential benefits of physiotherapy.
- Establish goals of treatment and a treatment plan based on the assessment and taking into consideration the goals of the patient and referring physician.
- Carry out and modify the physiotherapy program including therapeutic exercises and physical/electrical modalities.
- Educate the patient and/or the patient’s significant others with respect to the nature of their condition, self-management, including home exercises and prevention.
- Communicate pertinent details of physiotherapy treatment with other members of the health care team.
- Participate in case conferences, medical record reviews and patient rounds for in-patient services.
- Maintain appropriate written records and statistics for all patients.
- Liaise with community agencies and other related caregivers on patient-specific matters.
- Participate in departmental quality improvement activities.
- Provide functional supervision to support staff, i.e. PTA/OTA and Physiotherapy students on clinical placements
- Other duties as assigned.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all interested candidates for their response, however, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Quinte Health Care is an equal opportunity employer committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Our Recruitment process follows the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act in order to provide a fair and equitable process for all candidates. Applicants requiring accommodation through the recruitment/interview process are encouraged to contact the Human Resources Department at 613-969-7400 x2577 for assistance.