The Office Manager is responsible for implementing and managing operating budgets, maintaining the system of accounts and book keeping records, developing customer service strategies and overseeing operation of a resort in Marmora. In addition, work directly with the owner of the resort and manage resort staff.
E*SSENTIAL D*UTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete administrative task such as invoicing to seasonal clients, budget adherence and overseeing coding and ordering and inventory for the camp store.
- Create daily reservation, occupancy and financial reports with the applicable data surrounding our guests (e.g. source of reservation, etc.)
- Process and complete payroll and other daily accounting entries including reviewing and approving hours of work and maintaining payroll records.
- Check all unresolved client departures and balances owing on a daily basis to ensure accurate receivable balance.
- Responsible for the data completeness, accuracy and handling of our guest records.
- Oversee and ensure end of day tasks are completed including cash transactions, deposits and floats.
- Work with team to understand and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Track utilization of gift certificate sales and redemption
- Responds to guest requests and complaints as they occur.
- Respond to telephone, e-mail, and in-person inquiries from clients, business partners, and other parties.
- May be required to work Manager on Duty shifts in absence of Store Manager.
- Communicates internally with all parties and externally with all guests on property
- strong customer service skills, must be able to listen carefully and have the ability to multitask, must be assertive while maintaining a friendly manner.
- Initiative and ability to deal with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
- Ability to work independently and with others to achieve positive results.
R*EQUIRED E*XPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in property and/or hospitality management preferred.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principles & QuickBooks
- Strong time management, organizational, analytical skills and attention to details
- Experience developing and maintaining long term customer relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize various projects
- IT literate and skilled with MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Solid understanding of tourism
- Ability to work Monday to Friday and weekend work as required. Peak season in the summer at the resort will require coverage on the weekend.
- Works fast paced, under pressure to provide valuable service to clients, precision and high attention to detail required when working in an accounting function, routinely dealing with confrontational
- Spends majority of time using interpersonal skills in interaction with employees, customers and suppliers of the organization.
- Constant use of computers, keyboarding and mobile technology with long periods of
- Spends most of time within the office. Some time will be spent dealing with customers on the resort grounds.
- Full Time Seasonal work April through October. To include set up of campground prior to opening and closing procedures of park.
- Position may include a husband and wife team with on-site accommodations.
Job Type: Full-time
- office management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Trailer Park / Resort: 1 year (Preferred)