PART TIME REGIONAL MANAGER – HOST FAMILY DIVISION (Canada)
About Educatius Group
Educatius International's academic programs help international students from around the world to achieve their dreams to study abroad - mainly in the USA and Canada, but in other countries too. Over many years, our high-quality academic programs have combined the best of American and Canadian public and private high schools, universities and language schools with a supportive living environment. Whether a student is searching for a top academic private, public or boarding school, or for a semester experience attending a high school and living with a host family, or for the chance to earn a scholarship at a competitive university - Educatius has the range of programs to match!
Reporting to the Manager Sales & Operations, Canada, the Regional Manager (RM) will play a critical role in building and expanding Educatius’ presence in Canada, and in ensuring the overall success of the homestay program in their community. The RM will manage the process of student placement in host families and schools while providing excellent customer service to students, parents and school personnel. The RM will provide support services for international students and create positive working relationships with schools and host families. This part-time independent contractor role has varying hours based on the number of students in the region – to start we would anticipate 5-10 students (starting in the Fall of 2020) and an average of 5 hours per week on average working on Host family recruitment for new student applications from December to May. Regional Managers are compensated with a flat fee per student accepted to their region which covers the HF selection, custodianship, a student and HF orientation and monthly supervision during the student’s stay.
- Develop a local network of host families through a variety of marketing efforts to meet company goals
- Select suitable host families for all new students, while ensuring that host availability, matching criteria, and student preferences are observed
- Screen host family applications and personally interview prospective families to assure the Educatius standard of quality is met.
- Continually develop relationships with both new and existing hosts in the region
- Collaborate with school staff, host families and students in working through issues regarding homestay problems and cultural differences and respond to crisis situations in a prompt and caring manner
- Provide necessary documentation for support cases during course of program
- Act as an advocate and oversee custodial responsibilities for students
- Work directly with schools, parents and agencies to problem solve school-related and academic concerns
- Provide excellent customer service to students, parents, and partner agents
- Ensure timely placement of all students within the assigned region
- Communicate in a professional and timely manner with partner agents
- Align with company values and adhere to policies and procedures
- Other tasks as assigned by management team
- The position is remote. Hours will vary with the academic calendar. The RM will be required to telecommute and there is approximately 25% travel to schools and host family homes in their region.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and in a team and maintain relationships with others
- Excellent people and problem-solving skills including conflict resolution
- Excellent computer skills, specifically with MS Office, and Google programs.
- Working knowledge of general office procedures
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet, Word and database software products
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with the local community
- Knowledge of homestay policies and procedures
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered
- Ability to successfully obtain a police clearance
- Fluency in another language is a strong asset.
In addition, all Relationship Managers must have:
- readily accessible and cost-effective transportation appropriate for these responsibilities;
This position is an independent contractor, working from home. Educatius will provide training via skype, phone and email from the Canadian head office, and at annual workshops in person at our National conference.
When applying, please ensure that you outline how your training and experience specifically relate to the job requirements.
Please note: Applicants will only be contacted if they are selected to proceed further in the process.
Educatius is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Fort St. John, BC (Required)