UniversalCare Canada Inc.
Part Time - Assistant Maintenance Supervisor**
LOCATION: Villa Colombo Vaughan
Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor in absence of the Administrator. Works closely with UniversalCare personal such as the Director of Redevelopment and Environmental Services and Corporate Support Consultant. Performs general, routine maintenance and servicing operations throughout the facility, reports unsafe conditions/situations in accordance with the applicable codes and regulations and as directed.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As directed and in accordance with applicable codes and regulations, performs a variety of routine/preventative maintenance.
- Monitors daily Maintenance Care program. Provides general audits as required on units for repairs, identifies that equipment is functioning properly and reports any issue that further investigation and attention.
- Documents in the Maintenance Care program. Review’s the program twice a day for maintenance requests.
- Participates in committee meetings related to resident care and operations of the facility as required. Maintains communications and works cooperatively in carrying out duties to assure the needs of residents are being met, and the safety and privacy of residents is respected during performance of duties.
- Provides services for receiving goods and distribution on a weekly basis.
- Performs general maintenance as directed to equipment, such as, lubricating motors and hinges and locks, filter changes servicing and repairs to kitchen, repairs to beds, chairs, tables, etc.
- Assist with set ups for meetings and takes down set ups. Puts out and secures outdoor furniture for the winter and summer.
- Monitors outside grounds, roof on a weekly basis to clear roof drains. Keeps sidewalks and the receiving area ramp clear of snow and salted as needed between snow services.
- Performs general maintenance and repairs, clearing drains and removing blockages, repairing or replacing fixtures, painting and patching, replacing light bulbs, repairing Nurse Call.
- Reports to supervisor any specialized work such as electrical or plumbing required over and above responsibilities.
- Conducts daily mechanical room rounds to ensure all life safety and building and support systems are functioning properly. Documents daily rounds with the provided forms and uploads them to Maintenance Care.
- Completes annual education programs through group or online in-service as required by the MOHLTC and MOL.
- Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner and assures proper care in use of tools, equipment and supplies. Is in control of all tools during repairs in resident occupied areas.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Supervisor and or UniversalCare Personnel.
- POSSIBLE VARIATION: May perform grounds work and snow removal as requested by administrator or UniversalCare personnel.
- WORKING CONDITIONS Considerable walking and standing with repeat reaching, squatting, lifting and kneeling. Climbing ladders and scaffolding. Regular lifting of heavy objects, including equipment. May be exposed to hazards from use of tools and power equipment, Exposure to heat, weather conditions, on roof tops, biochemical agents and strong odours. Some exposure to wet floors as well as noisy, hot, humid conditions, boiler room and co-generator room. Could have frequent interruption of routines. To assist after hours if needed, for emergency purpose only.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Three to five years relevant experience and/or knowledge of general repairs i.e. painting, wall patching, plumbing, carpentry and an understanding of heating and ventilation systems.
- Ability to read and interpret installation manuals refrigerators, microwaves etc. related to equipment.
- Ability to work safely, following established safety practices & procedures.
- Ability to read and write English and understand moderately complex oral, verbal and written instructions in English.
Please apply to:
Linda Long, Associate Vice President Redevelopment and Building Services
UniversalCare Canada Inc.
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under UniversalCare Employment Accommodation policy.
Job Type: Part-time
- Maintenance Supervisor: 1 year (Preferred)
- maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)