Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Utility Structures manufactures an extensive line of precast items and is part of The Precast Group which has been in business for over 65 years and is the largest precast concrete products producer in Eastern Ontario. This includes the manufacturing of utility products, manholes, concrete poles, steps, barriers, architectural panel products and distribution of landscape products. The Precast Group has three manufacturing operations: Central Precast, M Con Products and Utility Structures Inc. Our mission is to meet the demands of our customers and employees, under a safe working environment, where service and quality are at the forefront.
We have an immediate opening for a:
AutoCAD Technician/ Project administrator (Utility Structures Inc.)
The AutoCAD Technician /Project Administrator will be responsible for producing shop drawings for the production team. You will work closely with Sales Manager and Project Coordinator to ensure the shop drawings meet the clients and manufacturing requirements.
· Use AutoCAD to create and design electrical drawings for projects in transportation, hydro, and general construction.
· Analyze and coordinate standard and customized drawings to ensure all requirements and standards are met.
· Engineering and design drawings according to established standards and procedures
· Develop product designs which meet client requirements and adhere to a high standard of function, appearance, and quality.
· Identify discrepancies in drawings and information; resolve through appropriate methods and channels
· Review drawings to ensure completeness and accuracy.
· Provide feedback to Project Managers regarding changes and improvements.
· Perform changes, additions and/or revisions as required
· Electrical Engineering/Technologist diploma
· Post-Secondary education with a focus in Construction engineering or equivalent experience
· Prior drafting experience is considered as an asset
· 2-3 years of AutoCAD experience is considered an asset
· Knowledge in basic engineering calculation is preferred.
· Experience reading production drawings
· Experience in a Manufacturing environment is desired
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word and Excel)
· Strong communication skills and attention to detail
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects within a fast paced environment
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Daily temperature screening
Daily Monitoring and evolution form
Masks are mandatory when entering the manufacturing facility
- AutoCAD: 2 years (preferred)
- Drafting: 2 years (preferred)