We love our business – and we’re good at it. It doesn’t take long to learn why we’re different. From regular team events to philanthropic initiatives, we are proud investors in our community and in our teams. It’s why we love what we do and who we do it with. Learn what it’s like to be excited to come to work every day!
Perks and Rewards for You
We offer a comprehensive benefit package that includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, paid sick days and an employer paid health plan with family coverage. We have leaders who coach and support your professional development, offer opportunities for career progression, and encourage learning. Our recognition program highlights team as well as individual achievements. Through team and individual contests, charity, social and corporate events our work life offers something for everyone!
In this Project Accountant role, you will report to President of CLV Group Developments and Senior Financial Analyst and will assist various members of CLV Group’s development team. The incumbent will provide knowledge and understanding of contracts and agreements to ensure accurate, timely and complete information for all accounting activities from project set-up, cost recording, revenue recognition, project forecasting and project closure while leveraging the project management system to its fullest extent.
Responsibilities will include, at a minimum:
- Assist Project Managers through the financial lifecycle of a project (i.e. setup, monitoring, updating and closure);
- Ensure budget re-allocations are completed, liaison with development team to ensure all are in agreement with allocations;
- Prepare and track all Contract Agreements and Change Orders/Directives for each assigned project;
- Provide financial assistance as required during the bid and pursuit phase as required
- In liaison with the Project Managers, prepare all applications for various rebates;
- Assist in preparing monthly project draw request;
- Approving Purchase Orders and Invoices;
- Reconciling assigned Balance sheet accounts;
- Generating and formatting monthly Reports from the ERP;
- Assist preparing yearly Budget preparation;
- Assist preparing yearly Working papers for Auditors;
- Responding to requests in a timely and professional manner;
- Maintaining all documents and records and ensuring compliance with CLV’s policies and procedures;
- Assisting in implementing best practices, and
- Additional accounting and administrative duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in project accounting or related field
- CPA or advanced states of CPA is desirable
- Experience working with YARDI or similar property management software is an Asset
- Experience working with CoreCon or similar software
- Strong expertise in MS Office suite
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bilingualism is deemed an asset
InterRent REIT (TSX: IIP.UN), along with CLV Group, have redefined what a property management and multi-family real estate company can be. Backed by 50 years of experience in the industry, we have become market leaders in real estate, property management, acquisitions and new development in our core markets which include the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area, Ottawa, and Montréal.
We are growing! Find out more about us and our communities at www.interrentreit.comand www.clvgroup.comand let us know you’re interested.
Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please. We appreciate your interest in exploring an opportunity with us.
Job Type: Full-time