Lotek Wireless is an award-winning Global company and world leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of fish and wildlife monitoring systems. Our innovative and internationally recognized radio, acoustic, archival and satellite monitoring solutions allow researchers to track animals, birds and fish of almost any size, in almost any environment. Whether an animal moves through a terrestrial, freshwater, marine or avian habitat, Lotek has a system to track it.
Lotek is currently looking for a highly motivated individual capable of working in a team environment within our Canadian Manufacturing groups. This is a dual role covering Quality Assurance for New Product Introduction including suppliers and Quality Control for manufacturing.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have Quality Engineering degree or equivalent
- Must have an American Society Quality (ASQ) certificate
- Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in highly miniaturized electronic manufacturing and packaging industry
- Working knowledge of electronics and able to read schematics and mechanical CAD drawings
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and mechanical measuring equipment
- Excellent knowledge of PCB and soldering standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with an ability to motivate, influence and mediate between employees of various skill levels
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and resolving problems using various industry standard techniques;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office products, relational databases, and ERP systems – Microsoft NAV)
- Ability to adapt to changing demands of production from customers and team members
- Ability to organize priorities based on deadlines and importance of tasks and manage time efficiently
- Understanding of the principles and practices of ISO9001
- Ability to travel
- Develop QA documentation including standards, processes, assembly and quality control documentation
- Create inspection standards, review data, and make necessary changes
- Perform receiving, in-process and final inspection
- Perform internal and supplier quality audits
- Perform random quality checks on all manufacturing processes
- Evaluate assembly and soldering per published standards
- Certifying employees on new product builds and new product processes for first off manufacturing
If your expertise aligns with the opportunity and you are keen to join our knowledgeable team, partnering with and providing support to researchers in meeting their study objectives, please email your cover letter and resume to employment at lotek dot com or mail it to Lotek Wireless Inc., 115 Pony Drive, Newmarket, ON. L3Y 7B5. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Lotek Wireless Inc. is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs through the recruitment process.
To find more out about Lotek, go to our website, Facebook page or YouTube channel.
Job Type: Full-time