The Pelican Group is a very successful detail focused investment, insurance, and financial planning practice. We are seeking an energetic, detailed, and organized individual to join our team as an Advisor’s Assistant. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the financial industry, a commitment to personal growth, and value the responsibility they have to our clients in assisting them to achieve their financial goals. The primary responsibility is to provide an advanced level of professional investment and insurance administrative support along with covering reception duties, when necessary. The candidate should possess a strong understanding of the financial industry and be familiar with mutual funds, exchange traded funds, segregated funds, and life insurance products. Knowledge of these investment types and life insurance is an asset.
Although routine responsibilities will vary you will be expected to:
- Ensure effective communication between all parties (clients, advisors, fund, and insurance companies)
- Handle client requests from the advisor and/or team and collaborating with team members to determine priorities and timelines.
- Respond to client inquiries via telephone, email, video conference and in person.
- Prepare, process and follow-up on client documentation for proper maintenance of accounts.
- Analyze client accounts to prepare for activities that support Investment Advisors
- Closely monitor and follow up on day-to-day transactions like deposits, redemptions, transfers, and other instructions for investment accounts.
- Submit and follow up on insurance applications.
- Organizing and maintaining paper and electronic client files, preparing reports, statements, letters, and other correspondence.
- Knowledge of industry regulatory rules, relevant legislation, requirements, and keeping up with systems, data and regulatory changes and ability to ensure compliance and risk management rules are abided by.
- Manage advisors’ appointments, schedule appointments, and prepare for client meetings.
- Maintain existing life insurance policies and assist with new policies.
- High standards of ethics and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner.
- Perform additional administrative duties as required, and complete special projects as requested.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience in a related field such as banking operations, customer service, or administration.
- Proficiency in a wide range of platforms, including Windows Office, CRM, sales collaboration, and analytical tools.
- Ability to implement and administer a CRM and gather system with client information to build and maintain the database and file system.
- Organizational and priority management skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
- Capacity to develop and maintain relationships and ensure excellence in all interactions to provide consistent experience for existing clients and prospects.
- Successful completion of the LLQP, Canadian Securities Course or Canadian Investment Funds Course is an asset.
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule: Monday to Friday - 8:30am – 4:30pm
Salary: $45,000.00 per year. Opportunity for annual bonus.
Work Location: In person at our office in Downtown Calgary
Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00-$24.00 per hour
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Calgary, AB T2R 1L3 (required)
Ability to Relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2R 1L3: Relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person