* APPLICANTS THAT DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTIONS BELOW IN A COVER LETTER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY REJECTED. Thank you! : )
We are searching for talented web developers to join our freelance/contract roster. As our intermediate web developer, you will be responsible for implementing visual elements and working closely with the UI designer to create memorable web experiences for our clients. You'll work hand-in-hand with the creative director and UI designer to bring the project's vision to life.
What do you need to succeed?
We're not a corporate, buttoned-up bunch of people. We're a unique creative team working in a fast-paced environment! You need to be willing and able to stay with the pack and be eager to learn.
5+ years of web development experience. Or, a degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- Technical Requirements:
Experience in developing cross-browser/cross-platform UIs for responsive web applications.
- Communication Skills:
Excellent communication skills, both written and oral. Ability to effectively communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
As this position is a freelance/contract role we'll work on a per-project basis. Once our team has aligned with the client on the overall scope of the build we'll reach out to you for a quote and hours estimation. In your application or cover letter to us please indicate the hourly rate you're looking to receive from such a position.
We ask that you answer the following questions in either the note attached to your application or a cover letter (we're not picky about that).
1. This opportunity is remote and you can work from home, but you may be required to meet in the GTA at times for client meetings or office time in Toronto. Are you located in Toronto, or in the GTA? If so, where?
2. What does this opportunity mean to you? Why you would be the perfect front-end web genius to join Madesmpl?
3. Please provide links to 3 websites that you've built from scratch as well as your personal portfolio (if you don't have a personal online portfolio the 3 website links you've built are fine - but please go in-depth as to your decisions and the technology used). We'd prefer to see sites entirely built by yourself, but if you had help, ensure to let us know the exact sections of the site you worked on (be specific).
4. Are you familiar with Bootstrap and Wordpress CMS? We'll primarily be building our sites with these 2 key elements - However, if you build beautiful sites without those tools we are always open to hearing your approach.
5. Are you ready? We're a fast-growing agency on the hunt for new talent to help our team excel to new heights - do you have what it takes?
Other than that, have fun! We're looking forward to getting applications and seeing your portfolio.
- Madesmpl Team
Job Types: Contract, Freelance
- Web Development: 4 years (Preferred)
- Wordpress: 2 years (Preferred)
- Bootstrap: 2 years (Preferred)
- Greater Toronto Area, ON (Required)
- English (Required)