Manager, Engineering (Guelph Plants)
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or a college diploma in engineering technology is required.
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.).
- Six to ten years of experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience, is required.
- Advanced understanding of APQP, FMEA, Process flow, control plans, ECNs, etc. Write technical proposals which explore new business opportunities, new processes, new products or quality assurance opportunities. Proposals are usually written for non-technical audiences such as clients and management
- Ability to make presentations to senior management during annual meetings to provide an overview of areas such as product costing, maintenance and equipment failures which need to be considered when planning for the coming year.
- Ability to assess suitability of candidates for specific positions. Review resumes comparing applicants' experience and training to the requirements of the position. Evaluate applicants' responses in job application interviews and interpret information provided by employment and personal references.
- Ability to complete production and completion schedules to track process and progress of projects.
- Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques.
- Lead and co-ordinate project teams which include other engineers, technologists, clients and contractors when designing, developing and building products or facilities.
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Engaging in continuous learning by attending formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed. Conduct self directed studies by reading journals and trade publications. Must be aware of new technologies and advances in the engineering field.
- Act as the main customer liaison to ensure their inquiries and requirements are met.
- To serve as a central resource for process and project planning.
- Prepare quotations and cost estimations for customers.
- To take charge of manufacturing engineering activities and optimize cost of operation by selecting the best process and equipment, including proper tooling and method of manufacturing for new projects and continually improving existing projects.
- To oversee activities and take charge of the engineering department for planning and monitoring daily activities and ensure the team functions effectively and efficiently.
- Evaluate engineering work load and determine resource requirements.
- Simplify, optimize, and innovate machining processes and efficiency.
- Oversee cost reduction, VAVE and continuous improvement activities.
- Oversee project scheduling and tracking using Customer Focus Plans and other customer required documents.
- Work with production planning, LPS, production and quality to ensure all required tools and/or documentation required for production jobs are available and up to date.
- Maintain control of customer drawings and specifications.