The Team Leader duties include direct support, clinical, administrative and supervisory duties for adults labelled with an intellectual disability, whose complex and challenging needs have typically been barriers in achieving successful community living. Reporting to the Case Manager, the Team Leader is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of a designated caseload and the staffing team attached to their caseload. This includes staff supervision (training, orientation and all aspects of performance management), scheduling, support plan and safety plan updates, regular communication with family and other professionals involved, month-end, and ensuring all residential properties are maintained up to both Government and organization standards. Ultimately, the Team Leader is responsible for the day to day operations of their program.
The Team Leader is scheduled into an on-call rotation for the organization and must have the ability, skills and knowledge to attend to crisis situations. This includes being available to respond in person to an emergency within 30 minutes.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Completion of grade 12 or educational equivalent (GED).
- Post-secondary degree or certificate related to human services preferred.
- Cover letter and updated resume.
- *Criminal Record Search Certificate with Vulnerable Sector screening.
- *Adult Abuse Registry checks.
- First Aid and NCI training.
- Valid Class 5F Driver’s License and a reliable vehicle with 2 million liability insurance and acceptable driver abstract.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in providing service to adults with intellectual disabilities that would be labelled as high risk/challenging to support and 2 years of management experience in any industry.
- Experience in handling multiple projects and priorities professionally.
- Ability to incorporate the clinical literature pertaining to the population into practical approaches with the individuals preferred.
- Two applicable employment references and one character reference.
- *Checks must be no older than 3 months.
- Health benefits available immediately
- GRRSP contribution available immediately
- Loyalty Incentive.
- 2 Paid Wellness days
- 4 Paid Sick days
Adaptable: Able to demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
Behaving Ethically: Understand ethical behaviour and business practices, and ensures that personal behaviour and the behaviour of others are consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization.
Build Relationships: Able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve goals.
Communicate Effectively: Able to speak, listen and write clearly, using effective communication styles, tools and techniques.
Computer Literacy: Minimally must include the ability to use Microsoft Office, Outlook and Windows 7.
Creativity/Innovation: Able to develop new and unique ways to improve operations of services.
Demonstrate Leadership: Able to be a positive influence on others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the supported individuals and the organization.
Decision Making: Able to assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear logical, practical decisions in a timely manner, and ensuring that the best interests of the organization are always considered.
Focus on Needs of Individuals: Able to anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of the individuals Fairfax (Inc.) supports, and to meet or exceed all expected standards.
Foster Teamwork: Able to work cooperatively and effectively with all members of the team.
Position Salary Range $35,360.00 - $43,468.00
Want to learn more about us? Check out our website at www.fairfaxcommunity.ca
If you are interested in applying for this position, please upload your cover letter and resume on this site, or send it directly to:
ATTN: Fairfax HR Subject: 24 Hour Shift Staffed Home Coordinator (a.k.a. Team Leader)
Position Email: Please visit our career page at http://www.fairfaxcommunity.ca/careers.html
We would like to thank all interested candidates, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,440.00-$43,468.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Direct Support: 3 years (Preferred)
- Valid non-violent crisis intervention training (Required)
- Valid First Aid/CPR (Preferred)
- Class 5 Drivers License (Required)
- Child Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months) (Preferred)
- Criminal Record Check (no older than 3 months) (Preferred)
- Adult Abuse Registry Check (no older than 3 months) (Preferred)