Position: Senior Accountant
Location: Acheson, AB
Type: Full Time, Salary
We are looking for a highly organized, motivated individual, who can manage multiple priorities and deadlines to join our team. The ideal candidate will have strong attention to details skills, and preferably knowledge of our industry. To our clients, we offer top notch customer service in a safe manner, and internally we pride ourselves on developing an engaging team that aligns with our Myshak reputation and culture.
- Maintain fiscal records.
- Prepare month, and year-end financial statements; which includes bank reconciliation, journal entries, and coding.
- Investigate and resolve any potential financial errors or discrepancies.
- Maintain general ledgers.
- Assist with PST/GST/HST filings.
- Complete accurate and timely government remittances.
- Manage general accounting, internal auditing and budgetary controls.
- Prepare audit materials and interact with internal and external auditors.
- Liaise with management and advise them on cost management – controls, measures cost effectiveness.
- Assist in maintaining policy and procedure documentation for complex financial and accounting issues.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory changes and impacts on the organization’s books of account.
- Perform full cycle accounting.
- Assist in the creation of budgets and billing schedules for the various teams and/or projects.
- Monitor costs and revenues.
- Coordinate with business development and operations team on product pricing, costing and margins.
- Create, monitor and report on key performance indicators (KPI).
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
- Proof of a post-secondary diploma in finance or accounting.
- Completed or enrolled in the CPA certification program.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in an accounting and/or finance role.
- Effective Interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to lead, mentor or supervise others.
- Ability to prioritize and plan tasks.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy skills.
- Advance proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Experience in intra-company billing and costing.
- Experience in project accounting.
- Experience providing customer service within the construction and or oil/gas industry.
We are extremely proud of our team at Myshak Sales and Rentals (MSR). Our employees are engaged and committed to providing top notch external and internal customer service. We offer our employees a competitive compensation package, 100% employer paid benefits, the possibility of employee ownership, and a leadership team that supports you, and your goals.
Please indicate in your cover letter and/or resume how you meet the qualifications of the position.
We will be scheduling interviews over the next two weeks. In order to ensure that your application is considered please submit your application on or before February 21, 2020.
Job Type: Full-time
- Accounting: 5 years (Preferred)