We are seeking a Service Technician to join our team in the GTA. You will maintain and repair Loading Dock Equipment for our location in Mississauga, Ontario.
We are the Canadian division of 4Front Entrematic®, a global leader in the design and manufacture of safety, productivity and environmental control products for warehousing, manufacturing, retail and distribution center customers. As the largest manufacturer of loading dock and warehouse equipment, Dock Products Canada handles loading dock needs from start to finish, with a comprehensive network of factory direct offices that sell, distribute, install and service products across Canada.
To serve our customers better each and every day we need great people. That’s why we approach our passion for our company with the same passion for our people. We know that the right people in the right positions can do incredible things, and we love watching that happen.
- Service and install docks, doors and related equipment
- Repair and Troubleshoot defective equipment
- Perform routine preventative maintenance
- Respond to work order requests in a timely fashion
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures
- Promote the company’s operational visions, values, and goals
- Participation in training or other team activities to support ongoing continuous improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager, or his/her designate.
- Must possess good working knowledge of overhead doors, able to analyze, diagnose problems & the mechanical knowledge to repair as needed.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with loading dock equipment
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Company Vehicle provided
- Strong mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with industrial tools and equipment
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Knowledge of power tools
- Must be able to work independently
- You must be a service-oriented individual with good written/verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with heights
- Ability to adapt and maintain performance in changing work environment
- Effective interpersonal skills required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to work during ANY type of weather (indoors/outdoors.)
Come work with us!
We offer our employees top wages based on experience and competitive and comprehension benefit package and pension plan.
We pride ourselves on our excellent company culture, our very clean and safe working environment, and our commitment to continue being an equal opportunity company and hiring a diverse work team.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Vacation & paid time off
- Employee assistance programs
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Wellness programs
- Company events & social hours
- Education reimbursement
Reference ID: 2020-06
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $29.09 /hour
- technician: 2 years (Required)
- Secondary School (Required)