The Culinary Tourism Alliance is a small but mighty, fast-growing not-for-profit organization on a mission to ensure that authentic tastes of place become a significant economic driver for communities and regions, and a primary way for travelers to enrich their experience. We work with destinations, media, producers, foodservice and government to help make this happen in Ontario – and beyond.
We are searching for a remarkable, passionate person to spearhead the growth of our Feast On® certification program, a social enterprise within the CTA. Feast On® is a unique foodservice certification program that recognizes restaurants that are committed to sourcing and celebrating Ontario food and drink. The program brings together growers, producers, and chefs to work collaboratively showcase a taste of place. The successful candidate for Program Manager has a thorough knowledge of what grows when and where in Ontario. They’re passionate about food – and drink! They believe, deep in their bones, that the key to building a better food system is by having more people from home and away celebrate, source and enjoy locally grown and raised things.
We are aiming to grow the Feast On® certification program by selling licenses to destinations across Canada. That means we’re looking for someone who thinks strategically and knows a bit more than usual about the Canadian landscape. The Culinary Tourism Alliance works where agriculture, foodservice, and tourism connect. You must have the experience, skills, and passion to deliver excellence in this exciting space.
About the Role
The Program Manager is the go-to for all things Feast On®. You would educate, train and recruit restaurants, purveyors, and partners to grow the program nationally. While you would spend a decent amount of time in the office supporting your team, the role involves travel for new licensee, restaurant, and preferred purveyors recruitment. We believe building solid relationships with strategic partners is key to the growth of the program.
Some of the things expected of you:
- Support the strategic plans as they relate to the Feast On® program that enables growth and achievement of daily, short & long-term goals for the CTA.
- Foster a culture that champions, encourages personal integrity, accountability and responsibility;
- Bring people from a diverse background together under one common goal: more local food on more local plates.
- Manage the Sales Associate to achieve annual revenue targets – including the creation and maintenance of our annual outreach strategy
- Review Feast On® program annually and provide input to evolve the program
- Collect feedback from invested stakeholders and industry
- Manage all program deliverables including but not limited to the creation of digital profiles, industry introductions, training and resource sharing
- Manage program budget
- Oversee and approve the monthly Feast On® e-newsletter and communications as required
- Initiate, develop and maintain strategic partnerships which support and benefit the program goals both provincially and nationally
- Develop presentations, represent and speak at events on behalf of CTA and Feast On® for sales, recruitment and promotional purposes
- Research, design and implement new business development partnerships to drive incremental revenue for the program
Other Stuff You Will Do
- Infuse your team with the knowledge, skills, energy, and passion
- Bring excellent coaching & role modeling to everyone you interact with
- Foster an environment of innovation, collaboration and personal accountability
- Lead a culture that actively raises the bar in Ontario and beyond
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships
- Understand and enforce all company policies and procedures
- 5+ years of program management experience in community-based / non-profit organizations/social enterprise
- Demonstrated experience with program planning and evaluation
- Experience with grant management and reporting
- Numerical fluency, including experience with budgeting and costing models
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Computer skills including Google Apps, Microsoft Office Suite, and WordPress
More about you
- You are a problem solver, not a barrier builder
- You are comfortable with self-directed project work
- You thrive on exceeding targets and blowing deadlines out of the water
- You think critically and make effective decisions
- You have a strong command of both the English and French language (written and verbal)
- You enjoy working on a small, nimble team in an open office environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Program Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- French (Preferred)