McKeil Marine is one of Canada’s leading marine service providers. Experienced and adaptive, we deliver turn-key solutions that support our customers’ success in a wide range of transportation and project challenges. Customer service, safety, quality and respect for the environment are at the heart of our operations. Manned by highly skilled sailing crew, our ever-growing diverse and versatile fleet of tugs, barges and workboats, operate throughout the Great Lakes, St. Lawrence River, east coast and Canadian Arctic.
- Company paid and arranged travel to and from ports
- Our crew matter - at McKeil it feels like family
- We sail safe - your safety is our top priority
- Certificate upgrade programs and incentives
- Company paid training
- Competitive wages and comprehensive group benefits program
- Annual crew meetings foster team building
- Generous referral bonus program
We have immediate openings for Captains aboard our Tugs on a casual and a permanent full-time basis. We are looking for eager and self-starting individuals.
- Reports to the Vessel Manager
- Responsible for the safe, efficient and economical operation of the vessel as well as safety of the crew
- Communicate expectations, assignments and responsibilities to Deck Crew
- Supervision and training of Deck crew
- Implement and ensure adherence to all Statutory and legislative rules and regulations
- Ensure all Deck personnel and new hires are familiar with Company policies and procedures and have access to the appropriate manuals and documents
- Ensure that McKeil’s QSMS policies and Health and Safety programs are communicated to, understood and adhered to by all Crew members
- Motivate Deck Crew and monitor performance
- Responsible for the safe transportation of the ship’s cargo
- Responsible for preparation and/or submission of logbooks, daily records, maintenance records and permits in accordance with Company and regulatory requirements
- Responsible for the investigation of any incidents or near misses and the implementation of any corrective action
- Marine Emergency Duties (MED’s) STCW Basic Safety and Survival Craft Certifications
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical
- GLPA Pilotage an asset
- Experience as a Master in the Great Lakes and Eastern Canada
- Experienced with Safety Management Systems (ISO & ISM), an asset
- Experience with Microsoft Office an asset
- Proven ability to lead teams with strong communication and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Previous tug boat experience required
You will join a team of passionate colleagues in fast paced, growing organization that supports all communities in which we operate. McKeil Marine offers a very competitive total compensation program.
We thank all applicants but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McKeil Marine is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.