Would you like to work for a non-profit company that has 30 years on their plate of providing property management for BC’s affordable housing? COHO Management Services Society is not only BC’s largest provider of property management services to housing co-ops in BC, but we are also proud to be certified as a Living Wage Employer.
At COHO, we believe in co-operation among co-operatives with a clear focus on business, in a friendly and positive environment.
We are currently growing and seeking individuals in the Vancouver area with a strong sense of community. We are looking for someone who is excited to work with a group of individuals who are making an impact at our social purpose organization.
We are looking for 2 individuals to fit the position of a Management Coordinator. One will have rotating clientele on a regular basis, while the other will have a set clientele, with only occasional changes.
The coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day management and maintenance coordination of the co-operative. They are also responsible for carrying out policies and procedures determined by the board of directors and the general membership and as directed by the co-op representative(s). Where applicable, the coordinator is also responsible for the direction and supervision of other persons contracted or employed by the co-op for any purpose. Travel is required.
· BCIT Accounting 1 or equivalent bookkeeping training or experience
· Experienced computer user, esp. MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook
· Experience working with multi-unit residential buildings with a strong focus on effective communication with residents and contracted maintenance personnel
· Strong knowledge of building systems and project coordination experience
· Experience conducting regular administrative duties surrounding building maintenance services
· Excellent communication skills and people skills
· Excellent time management skills
· Proven track record of providing proactive quality assurance measures for clients while maintaining trade company relationships
· Demonstrated knowledge of co-operative governance
· Able to maintain confidentiality
· Professional business manner
· Access to a car preferred
Full time coordinator work in housing cooperatives throughout Greater Vancouver including:
· Answering the telephone and taking member inquiries
· Recording cheques and making bank deposits
· Reporting to the cooperative board of directors as necessary
· Preparing monthly financial packages including bank reconciliation, income register, and cheque register
· Maintain A/R & A/P
· Maintain records and prepare correspondence
· Process invoices and prepare cheques
· Submit taxes and prepare homeowner grants
· Prepare minutes as requested by board
· Assist board in interpreting operating agreements
· Undertake credit checks, complete income verifications and administer petty cash fund
· Assist in the administration of investments
· Annual corporate and government filing and reporting
· Other duties as appropriate to the well-being of the housing cooperative
· Prepare monthly management report for each client and present at monthly evening board meeting
· Attend AGM and budget meetings as required
· Receiving and data entry coordinating building maintenance work orders
· Evaluating and processing work orders from inspections
· Effectively and accurately communicate information between the co-op board and the project team
· Assign work to trades companies
· Track the quality of the work being performed and ensure that the co-op’s needs are being met in a timely and cost-effective manner
· Arrange access with tenants
· Follow up with trades companies
· Approve invoices for completed work and forward for payment
Please email your cover letter and resume if you are interested in this opportunity!
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
This position requires flexibility to work outside of regular office hours (i.e. evenings/weekends) when necessary. This position may be based on site in the office of multiple housing co-operatives with frequent activities and travel in and around the lower mainland.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Care
- Property Management: 2 years (Preferred)